Subject: [Pce] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC5623 (1897)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 04:42:54 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC5623,
"Framework for PCE-Based Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=5623&eid=1897

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Alfred Hoenes <[email-masked]>

Section: 4.1,

Original Text
-------------
a) Section 4.1, 2nd paragraph (bottom of page 10):

   A VNT Manager (VNTM) is defined as a functional element that manages
   and controls the VNT.  The PCE and VNT Manager are distinct
|  functional elements that may or may not be collocated.
                                                ^^

b) Section 4.2.4, trailing Note below Table 1 (on page 22):

   * Note that, in case of NSM-VNTM cooperation (separate flavor) and
     single PCE inter-layer path computation, the PCE function used by
|    NMS and VNTM may be collocated, but it will operate on separate
     TEDs.
                           ^^

Corrected Text
--------------
a)

   A VNT Manager (VNTM) is defined as a functional element that manages
   and controls the VNT.  The PCE and VNT Manager are distinct
|  functional elements that may or may not be co-located.

b)

   * Note that, in case of NSM-VNTM cooperation (separate flavor) and
     single PCE inter-layer path computation, the PCE function used by
|    NMS and VNTM may be co-located, but it will operate on separate
     TEDs.

Notes
-----
Rationale:
  "collocated" and "co-located" (or "colocated") have very different
  semantics!  The latter seems to be the appropriate choice: two
  logical entites (or subsystems) are located within the same system.
  The former means "arranged/placed/sorted *somehow*, in the proper
  way", without emphasis on neighborship or common enclosement.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC5623 (draft-ietf-pce-inter-layer-frwk-10)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Framework for PCE-Based Inter-Layer MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering
Publication Date    : September 2009
Author(s)           : E. Oki, T. Takeda, JL. Le Roux, A. Farrel
Category            : INFORMATIONAL
Source              : Path Computation Element
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG