Subject: [Pce] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-04.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 13:45:02 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : The use of SVEC (Synchronization VECtor) list for Synchronized dependent path computations
	Author(s)       : I. Nishioka, D. King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-02-10

A Path Computation Element (PCE) may be required to perform 
dependent path computations. Dependent path computations are 
requests that need to be synchronized in order to meet specific 
objectives. An example of a dependent request would be a PCE 
computing a set of services which are required to be diverse 
(disjointed) from each other. When a PCE computes sets of dependent 
path computation requests concurrently, it is required to use the 
Synchronization VECtor (SVEC) list for association among the sets of 
dependent path computation requests. The SVEC object is optional and 
carried within the Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) 
PCRequest (PCReq) message. 

This document does not specify the PCEP SVEC object or procedure.
 
This informational document clarifies the use of the SVEC list for 
synchronized path computations when computing dependent requests. 
The document also describes a number of usage scenarios for SVEC 
lists within single domain and multi-domain environments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-04.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 21:52:19 -0000

Howdy all, 

Adrian identified a number of items during his AD review of
draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-03.txt. Itaru and I have endeavoured to
resolve the issues raised by Adrian. We believe the document is better for
his suggestions and would appreciate any comments regarding this new
version. Updates include:

- Clearer abstract, clarifying the object of the draft
- Reordered the Introduction	
- Provided ASCII art for some examples
- Described Associated SVECs in more detail
- Identified security considerations when using Associated SVECs. We also
provided some suggestions for negating or minimising the effect of Dos using
Associated SVECs.  

Best regards, Itaru and Dan.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 10 February 2010 21:45
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Pce] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-04.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title           : The use of SVEC (Synchronization VECtor) list for
Synchronized dependent path computations
	Author(s)       : I. Nishioka, D. King
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-svec-list-04.txt
	Pages           : 17
	Date            : 2010-02-10

A Path Computation Element (PCE) may be required to perform dependent path
computations. Dependent path computations are requests that need to be
synchronized in order to meet specific objectives. An example of a dependent
request would be a PCE computing a set of services which are required to be
diverse
(disjointed) from each other. When a PCE computes sets of dependent path
computation requests concurrently, it is required to use the Synchronization
VECtor (SVEC) list for association among the sets of dependent path
computation requests. The SVEC object is optional and carried within the
Path Computation Element Protocol (PCEP) PCRequest (PCReq) message. 

This informational document clarifies the use of the SVEC list for
synchronized path computations when computing dependent requests. 
The document also describes a number of usage scenarios for SVEC lists
within single domain and multi-domain environments.