Subject: [Pce] draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 09:49:06 -0000

Hi PCE WG,

Over the last couple of years, you have been reasonably willing 
experimenters with draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements. IMHO, this has 
resulted in greatly improved output from the working group, and we have seen 
PCE drafts progress through IESG review with a bit more ease as a result.

However, with the recent publication of RFC 5706, the working group needs to 
decide what to do about this draft. It seems that the choices are:

- Continue to keep the draft alive as a reference for the WG, but do not
  seek to progress it to RFC
- Abandon the draft and use RFC 5706 as the reference for
  future manageability work
- Request publication of this draft as a Historic RFC and move to use
  RFC 5706 as the reference for future manageability work

I have just posted a new revision of 
draft-ietf-pce-manageability-requirements to keep it alive, but this is most 
certainly not an attempt by your AD to dictate what you should do.

Maybe this is a topic the WG chairs would like to discuss with you (possibly 
in Anaheim) with a view to letting me know what you would like to do with 
this draft.

Thanks,
Adrian