Subject: [Pce] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions-10.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 14:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths
	Author(s)       : Q. Zhao, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions-10.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2010-04-19

Point-to-point Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized
MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs) may
be established using signaling techniques, but their paths may first
need to be determined.  The Path Computation Element (PCE) has been
identified as an appropriate technology for the determination of the
paths of P2MP TE LSPs.

This document describes extensions to the PCE communication Protocol
(PCEP) to handle requests and responses for the computation of paths
for P2MP TE LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions-10.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2010 23:27:17 +0100

Hi All, 

The authors of draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions-10 recently submitted a
new version of our document to address some IETF Last Call and IANA
comments. The main changes were the IANA updates below:

- Section 3.16 PCEP NO-PATH Indicator
The NO-PATH object bit has been updated from "0x24" to "bit 24"
http://www.iana.org/assignments/pcep/pcep.xml#pcep-tlv-type-indicators

- Section 3.3.2 P2MP END-POINTS Object
We have now added two new END-POINTS Object-Types for Object-Class 4
(END-POINTS) in our IANA Considerations
http://www.iana.org/assignments/pcep/pcep.xml#pcep-objects

- Section 6.5 PCEP Objects
Since the last version of our draft we have noticed another document has
been assigned the previous PCEP Object-Class values we requested (25, 26, 27
and 28) so we have updated our draft accordingly. We also updated the text,
we underline that we are requesting four new PCE Object-Classes and eight
new Object-Types. 
http://www.iana.org/assignments/pcep/pcep.xml#pcep-objects

- Section 6.8 SVEC Object Flag Field
We documented our request in the IANA considerations section of our
document. Specifically we have requested two new bits in the SVEC Object
Flag field.
http://www.iana.org/assignments/pcep/pcep.xml#svec-object-flag-field

- Section 3.1 PCE P2MP Capability
We have cleaned up our text and requested a new OSPF Capability Flag to be
used to indicate P2MP path computation capability. 
http://www.iana.org/assignments/ospfv2-parameters/ospfv2-parameters.xhtml#os
pfv2-parameters-14 

Br, Dan & co-authors. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: 19 April 2010 22:00
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions-10.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of
the IETF.

	Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element
Communication Protocol (PCEP) for Point-to-Multipoint Traffic Engineering
Label Switched Paths
	Author(s)       : Q. Zhao, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions-10.txt
	Pages           : 30
	Date            : 2010-04-19

Point-to-point Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS
(GMPLS) Traffic Engineering Label Switched Paths (TE LSPs) may be
established using signaling techniques, but their paths may first need to be
determined.  The Path Computation Element (PCE) has been identified as an
appropriate technology for the determination of the paths of P2MP TE LSPs.

This document describes extensions to the PCE communication Protocol
(PCEP) to handle requests and responses for the computation of paths for
P2MP TE LSPs.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-p2mp-extensions-10.t
xt