Subject: [Pce] About LSPA object

From: Manuel Dominguez Dorado <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 20:53:34 +0200

Hello,

I am developing a PCEP simulator to test some improvements and I want to 
implement PCEP LSPA object. In RFC 5440 one can read:

    "Most of the fields of the LSPA object are identical to
    the fields of the SESSION-ATTRIBUTE object (C-Type = 7) defined in
    [RFC3209] and [RFC4090].  When absent from the PCReq message, this
    means that the Setup and Holding priorities are equal to 0, and there
    are no affinity constraints.  See Section 4.7.4 of [RFC3209] for a
    detailed description of the use of resource affinities."

Well, reading RFC 3209 the operation of the three tests (Exclude-any 
                    , Include-any and Include-all) is clear, but it uses 
a 32 bit vector called Link-attr that is associated with a link. I 
cannot find the definition of Link-attr. Is it a administratively 
defined vector with only intra-domain meaning or maybe Link-attr is 
standardized in other document?

Moreover, in RFC 3209 SESSION_ATTRIBUTE has two variants: with and 
without resources affinities. As I understand from RFC5440, LSPA object 
in PCEP has only the possibility of including resource affinities 
information. Is it correct or I am in a mistake?

I would thank any information related to this fields of LSPA object 
because I think LSPA can be very useful to my research.

Thank you in advance.

-- 
------------------------------------------------------------------------
                         MANUEL DOMÍNGUEZ DORADO
    Departamento de Ingeniería de Sistemas Informáticos y Telemáticos
                       Universidad de Extremadura
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Addr.: C/ Juan Ramón Jiménez, 6, 1ºH
        06300 - Zafra (Badajoz)
Phone: +34 607 417 860
Email: [email-masked]
Web..: http://www.ManoloDominguez.com
------------------------------------------------------------------------