Subject: [Pce] Comments on draft-tanaka-pce-stateful-pce-mbb-0

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 20:52:51 +0530

Hi,

Handling of make-before-break was indeed missing from the stateful PCE
specs and thanks for this ID, here are a few comments...

*(1)  One Stroke MBB*
a. I wish the handling of this method can be clearly specified in the base
stateful PCE draft itself.
b. How to handle the case if the signaling of the new path fails? Maybe a
PCRpt message with (O=0, Tunnel ID=T1, LSP ID=new, RRO=null)? This should
be clearly specified.
c. I am assuming that the LSP ID in the LSP object doesnt change, only the
LSP ID encoded in LSP Identifier TLV is changed? This can be clarified. I
also prefer the option of sending LSP-ID as zero and PCC generating a new
LSP-ID.
d. Another case of MBB is when some configuration is changed at the PCC,
how is this handled in case of delegated LSP.

There maybe other stateful PCE present too, you can also describe how they
handle the report message from PCC (success and failure)

*(2) Granular MBB*
An example where this is method should be used can be specified as Cyril
mentioned.

Regards,
Dhruv