Subject: [Pce] Fwd: IPv6-only MPLS gap analysis

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 22:10:15 +0530

Adding PCE WG, this may interest some of you...

Apologies, if you received multiple copies :)

Regards,
Dhruv

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: George, Wes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Subject: IPv6-only MPLS gap analysis
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "
[email-masked]" <
[email-masked]>

As discussed in Orlando in the MPLS WG, we have begun work on a Gap
Analysis for MPLS operation on an IPv6-only network. I am copying the L2VPN
and L3VPN WGs, as the authors would certainly value their review and input,
and we also wanted to make those WGs aware of the need to begin considering
IPv6-only operation in any new standards work that they might undertake,
e.g. EVPN. This may take the form of referring to existing gaps from this
document that must be addressed before the dependency is resolved, or it
may take the form of changes to the draft to explicitly allow IPv6-only
operation, but we limited our scope to existing RFCs in order to keep what
is already a fairly large undertaking manageable.

This is still very much a work in progress. We're especially interested in
feedback on the structure of the document (do the categories make sense)
and whether we are missing major items to include in the gap analysis,
across control plane, applications, or OAM.

Thanks,

Wes George, on behalf of the other authors

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 9:23 AM
To: Ron Bonica; Rajiv Papneja; Dhruv Dhody; George, Wes; Carlos Pignataro;
Kamran Raza; Ronald Bonica; Vishwas Manral; Rajiv Asati
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-00.txt

A new version of I-D, draft-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Wesley George and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-mpls-ipv6-only-gap
Revision:        00
Title:           Gap Analysis for Operating IPv6-only MPLS Networks
Creation date:   2013-07-01
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 20
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-mpls-ipv6-only-gap
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-mpls-ipv6-only-gap-00

Abstract:
   This document reviews the MPLS protocol suite in the context of IPv6
   and identifies gaps that must be addressed in order to allow MPLS-
   related protocols and applications to be used with IPv6-only
   networks.  This document is not intended to highlight a particular
   vendor's implementation (or lack thereof) in the context of IPv6-only
   MPLS functionality, but rather to focus on gaps in the standards
   defining the MPLS suite.

The IETF Secretariat

This E-mail and any of its attachments may contain Time Warner Cable
proprietary information, which is privileged, confidential, or subject to
copyright belonging to Time Warner Cable. This E-mail is intended solely
for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed. If you
are not the intended recipient of this E-mail, you are hereby notified that
any dissemination, distribution, copying, or action taken in relation to
the contents of and attachments to this E-mail is strictly prohibited and
may be unlawful. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify
the sender immediately and permanently delete the original and any copy of
this E-mail and any printout.

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2013 22:12:35 +0530

The updated Link:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-george-mpls-ipv6-only-gap/?include_text=1

Dhruv

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, Jul 2, 2013 at 10:10 PM
Subject: Fwd: IPv6-only MPLS gap analysis
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]

Regards,
Dhruv

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: George, Wes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 7:12 PM
Subject: IPv6-only MPLS gap analysis
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>, "[email-masked]"

Thanks,

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, July 01, 2013 9:23 AM
To: Ron Bonica; Rajiv Papneja; Dhruv Dhody; George, Wes; Carlos Pignataro;

Abstract:

The IETF Secretariat