Subject: [Pce] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-01.txt

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2013 19:56:13 +0530

Hi,

Here is an update on the automatic bandwidth adjustment draft for stateful
PCE which allows the bandwidth adjustment of delegated LSP based on traffic
flow information collected via the PCEP protocol itself.

Comments and questions are always welcome.

Dhruv (on behalf of co-authors and contributors)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, Jul 5, 2013 at 9:37 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for
draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-01.txt
To: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>, Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>,
Udayasree Palle <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-01.txt
has been successfully submitted by Dhruv Dhody and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth
Revision:        01
Title:           PCEP Extensions for MPLS-TE LSP Automatic Bandwidth
Adjustment with stateful PCE
Creation date:   2013-07-04
Group:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 11
URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-01.txt
Status:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-01
Diff:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dhody-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-01

Abstract:
   The Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) provides
   mechanisms for Path Computation Elements (PCEs) to perform path
   computations in response to Path Computation Clients (PCCs) requests.
   The extensions described in [STATEFUL-PCE] provide stateful control
   of Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) Traffic Engineering Label
   Switched Paths (TE LSP) via PCEP, for a model where the PCC delegates
   control over one or more locally configured LSPs to the PCE.

   This document describes the automatic bandwidth adjustment of such
   LSPs under the stateful PCE model.

The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 07:35:10 +0530

Hi All,

Wanted to clarify the motivation behind Auto-BW draft for stateful PCE. The
aim of this extension is to (1) identify the LSP that would like to have
this capability along with necessary information like BW range (2) provide
current traffic flow information of such LSP to stateful PCE.

We acknowledge that the stateful PCE may use other mechanism outside of
PCEP to get this information but also believe that there is an inherent
simplicity in doing this as a part of PCEP protocol.

Dhruv

On Mon, Jul 8, 2013 at 7:56 PM, Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]> wrote:

> To: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>, Dhruv Dhody <
> [email-masked]>, Udayasree Palle <[email-masked]>
>
>
>