Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 09 Jul 2013 05:01:13 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).
	Author(s)       : Dhruv Dhody
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Zafar Ali
                          George Swallow
                          Kenji Kumaki
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-01.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-07-09

Abstract:
   In certain networks like financial information network (stock/
   commodity trading) and enterprises using cloud based applications,
   Latency (delay), Latency-Variation (jitter) and Packet Loss is
   becoming a key requirement for path computation along with other
   constraints and metrics.  Latency, Latency-Variation and Packet Loss
   is associated with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between
   customers and service providers.

   [OSPF-TE-EXPRESS] and [ISIS-TE-EXPRESS] describes mechanisms with
   which network performance information is distributed via OSPF and
   ISIS respectively.  The Path Computation Element Communication
   Protocol (PCEP) provides mechanisms for Path Computation Elements
   (PCEs) to perform path computations in response to Path Computation
   Clients (PCCs) requests.  This document describes the extension to
   PCEP to carry Latency, Latency-Variation and Loss as constraints for
   end to end path computation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-01

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/