Subject: [Pce] FW: I-D Action: draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-00.txt

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 02:44:22 +0000

Hi, folks:
This is an initial draft (-v00) about DNS based PCE discovery.
Here is the overview of this draft:
"
   Discovery of the (Path Computation Element (PCE) within an IGP area
   or domain is possible using OSPF [RFC5088] and IS-IS [RFC5089].
   However, in some deployment scenarios PCEs may not wish, or be able,
   to participate within the IGP process.  Therefore it would be
   beneficial for the Path Computation Client (PCC) to discover PCEs via
   an alternative mechanism to those proposed in [RFC5088] and
   [RFC5089].

   This document specifies the requirements, use cases, procedures and
   extensions to support DNS for PCE discovery.
"

I like to solicit some feedback to see if there is interest in working
out more details about DNS based discovery. Thanks!

Regards!
-Qin
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, July 05, 2013 10:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery using DNS
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
	Filename        : draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-00.txt
	Pages           : 14
	Date            : 2013-07-04

Abstract:
   Discovery of the (Path Computation Element (PCE) within an IGP area
   or domain is possible using OSPF [RFC5088] and IS-IS [RFC5089].
   However, in some deployment scenarios PCEs may not wish, or be able,
   to participate within the IGP process.  Therefore it would be
   beneficial for the Path Computation Client (PCC) to discover PCEs via
   an alternative mechanism to those proposed in [RFC5088] and
   [RFC5089].

   This document specifies the requirements, use cases, procedures and
   extensions to support DNS for PCE discovery.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt