Subject: [Pce] FW: I-D Action: draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-02.txt

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 07:49:22 +0000

Here is the update of DNS based PCE discovery based on the discussion we had during the Berlin PCE session.
Thanks Diego, Dhruv and Dan for providing inputs.
The diff is:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-02

The main changes are we add two new co-authors and update the motivation section based on comments we received so far.

Regards!
-Qin
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, August 12, 2013 3:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery using Domain Name System(DNS)
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Dhruv Dhody
                          Daniel King
                          Diego R. Lopez
	Filename        : draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-02.txt
	Pages           : 18
	Date            : 2013-08-11

Abstract:
   Discovery of the Path Computation Element (PCE) within an IGP area or
   routing domain is possible using OSPF [RFC5088] and IS-IS [RFC5089].
   However, in some deployment scenarios PCEs may not wish, or be able,
   to participate within the IGP process, therefore it would be
   beneficial for the Path Computation Client (PCC) (or other PCEs) to
   discover PCEs via an alternative mechanism to those proposed in
   [RFC5088] and [RFC5089].

   This document specifies the requirements, use cases, procedures and
   extensions to support discovery via DNS for PCE.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt