Subject: [Pce] FW: I-D Action: draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-03.txt

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2013 04:53:39 +0000

Hi,PCEers:
Here is the update of DNS based PCE discovery draft (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-03)
based on a few discussion on the list and WG discussion during Berlin meeting.

The main changes comparing to the previous version are:
1.Provide both general query and capability DNS query by extending S-NAPTR. 
Capability DNS query is discovery of PCE supporting specific capabilities.
2.Provide data format in TXT record used for storing additional PCE information.
3.Link PCE domain with DNS domain name to allow a NAPTR query for a server in
  a PCE domain associated with DNS domain-name, e.g., discover PCE server in a specific PCE domain.

The diff is:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-03

Dan: Please check if comments you raised on the list are addressed.

Regards!
-Qin
-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 11, 2013 12:44 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery using Domain Name System(DNS)
	Author(s)       : Qin Wu
                          Dhruv Dhody
                          Daniel King
                          Diego R. Lopez
	Filename        : draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-03.txt
	Pages           : 23
	Date            : 2013-10-10

Abstract:
   Discovery of the Path Computation Element (PCE) within an IGP area or
   routing domain is possible using OSPF [RFC5088] and IS-IS [RFC5089].
   However, it has been established that in certain deployment scenarios
   PCEs may not wish, or be able to participate within the IGP process.
   In those scenarios, it is beneficial for the Path Computation Client
   (PCC) (or other PCE) to discover PCEs via an alternative mechanism to
   those proposed in [RFC5088] and [RFC5089].

   This document specifies the requirements, use cases, procedures and
   extensions to support PCE type and capability discovery via DNS.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-03

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt