Subject: [Pce] Fwd: Last chance for PCE review of draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture

From: "JP Vasseur (jvasseur)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2014 07:07:53 +0000

Dear WG,

Please provide your comments if any as soon as possible.

Thanks.

JP and Julien.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Adrian Farrel <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Subject: [Pce] Last chance for PCE review of draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture
Date: February 13, 2014 at 12:07:01 PM GMT
To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Cc: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
Reply-To: <[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>

Hi PCE,

Dan and I think that this draft is almost ready to be published as an RFC so we
are calling for review and input.

Comments on the list or direct to the authors at
[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

Thanks!

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: I-D-Announce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: 13 February 2014 11:50
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action: draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture-07.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

       Title           : A PCE-based Architecture for Application-based
Network
Operations
       Authors         : Daniel King
                         Adrian Farrel
Filename        : draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture-07.txt
Pages           : 62
Date            : 2014-02-13

Abstract:
  Services such as content distribution, distributed databases, or
  inter-data center connectivity place a set of new requirements on the
  operation of networks.  They need on-demand and application-specific
  reservation of network connectivity, reliability, and resources (such
  as bandwidth) in a variety of network applications (such as point-to-
  point connectivity, network virtualization, or mobile back-haul) and
  in a range of network technologies from packet (IP/MPLS) down to
  optical.  An environment that operates to meet this type of
  requirement is said to have Application-Based Network Operations
  (ABNO).

  ABNO brings together many existing technologies for gathering
  information about the resources available in a network, for
  consideration of topologies and how those topologies map to
  underlying network resources, for requesting path computation, and
  for provisioning or reserving network resources.  Thus, ABNO may be
  seen as the use of a toolbox of existing components enhanced with a
  few new elements.  The key component within an ABNO is the Path
  Computation Element (PCE), which can be used for computing paths and
  is further extended to provide policy enforcement capabilities for
  ABNO.

  This document describes an architecture and framework for ABNO
  showing how these components fit together.  It provides a cookbook of
  existing technologies to satisfy the architecture and meet the needs
  of the applications.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture-07

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-farrkingel-pce-abno-architecture-07

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce