Subject: [Pce] Implementation Experience for draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery

From: "Daniel King" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2014 09:29:40 +0100

Hi All, 

Following on from my request for H-PCE implementation experience. I would
like to highlight some European Research that utilized the DNS-based PCE
Discovery proposal: 

Path Computation Element (PCE) Discovery using Domain Name System(DNS)
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery/

The experiment uses virtual instances of VNF-based (Virtualized Network
Function) PCE's. Benefits include:

- (Virtual) PCEs are instantiated on demand
- PCEs Perceived as a single VNF
- PCEP Sessions are load-balanced

The research ("Transport PCE Network Function Virtualization") is documented
in Proceedings of European Conference on Optical Communication (ECOC 2014),
21-25 September, Cannes (France), and available via:

http://www.cttc.es/publication/transport-pce-network-function-virtualization
/

The authors of draft-wu-pce-dns-pce-discovery plan to include the findings
in an appendix of the aforementioned I-D. 

Br, Dan.