Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-14.txt> (PCEP Requirements for WSON Routing and Wavelength Assignment) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 13:24:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG
(pce) to consider the following document:
- 'PCEP Requirements for WSON Routing and Wavelength Assignment'
  <draft-ietf-pce-wson-routing-wavelength-14.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-10-27. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This memo provides application-specific requirements for the Path
   Computation Element communication Protocol (PCEP) for the support of
   Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON). Lightpath provisioning
   in WSONs requires a routing and wavelength assignment (RWA) process.
   From a path computation perspective, wavelength assignment is the
   process of determining which wavelength can be used on each hop of a
   path and forms an additional routing constraint to optical light
   path computation. Requirements for PCEP extensions in support of
   optical impairments will be addressed in a separate document.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-wson-routing-wavelength/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-wson-routing-wavelength/ballot/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1400/