Subject: [Pce] Regarding IRO Update/Survey & Domain-Sequence

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 18:12:59 +0530

WG,

(1) IRO Specification Update:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dhody-pce-iro-update-00

This document updates RFC5440 IRO Specification making IRO as an
ordered list as well as support for loose bit (L-bit) based on the IRO
Survey conclusion.

Abstract:
   During discussions of a document to provide a standard representation
   and encoding of Domain-Sequence within the Path Computation Element
   (PCE) communication Protocol (PCEP) for communications between a Path
   Computation Client (PCC) and a PCE, or between two PCEs.  It was
   determined that there was a need for clarification with respect to
   the ordered nature of the Include Route Object (IRO).

   An informal survey was conducted to determine the state of current
   and planned implementation with respect to IRO ordering and handling
   of Loose bit.

   This document updates the IRO specification based on the survey
   conclusion and recommendation.

(2) IRO Survey:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dhody-pce-iro-survey-01
Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-dhody-pce-iro-survey-01

- updated with the reference to above document.

(3) Domain Sequence
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence-06
Diff: http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence-06

- removed IRO options and comparison
- uses updated IRO specification

Any feedback on the set of documents are most welcome.
Hoping we can make progress on these document quickly.

Regards,
Dhruv