Subject: [Pce] Few comments on draft-ietf-pce-pce-initiated-lsp-02

From: Venugopal Reddy K <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 12:36:46 +0000

Hi,

I have few comments on draft-ietf-pce-pce-initiated-lsp-02. Sorry for missing in the working group lc. Hope the comments can be handled along with IETF lc or AD review.

In section 3 -
   To indicate a delete operation, the PCE MUST use the R flag in the
   SRP object in a PCUpd message.  As a result of the deletion request,
   the PCC MUST remove all state related to the LSP, and send a PCRpt
   with the R flag set in the LSP object for the removed state.  See
   details in Section 5.4.

   But section 5.4 shows that
   "PCE-initiated removal of a PCE-initiated LSP is done by setting the R
   (remove) flag in the SRP Object in the PCInitiate message from the
   PCE.  The LSP is identified by the PLSP-ID in the LSP object."

   In section 5.3.1 -
   The optional SPEAKER-IDENTITY-ID TLV defined in
   [I-D.ietf-pce-stateful-sync-optimizations] MAY be included in the LSP
   object as an optional TLV for LSPs for which the C-flag is 1, to
   identify the PCE who initiated the creation of the LSP on all PCEP
   sessions.  If the TLV appears for an LSP for which the C flag is 0,
   the TLV MUST be ignored the PCC MUST send a PCErr message with Error-
   type 23 ("Bad parameter value") and error value 2 ("Speaker identity
   included for an LSP that is not PCE-initiated").

   C flag is carried in LSP object of PCRpt messages from PCC. And SPEAKER-IDENTITY-ID tlv is optional in that LSP object. How does PCC send PCErr message with Error-type 23 ("Bad parameter value") and error value 2 ("Speaker identity included for an LSP that is not PCE-initiated") to PCE ?

Regards,
Venu