Subject: Re: [Pce] draft-ietf-pce-pceps-07 available

From: Robert Varga <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Jun 2016 14:11:29 +0200

On 02/02/2016 04:21 PM, Jonathan Hardwick wrote:
> Hi Robert

Hello Jon.

sorry for the delay, PCE work has been on the back burner :-(

> (I’m answering as WG chair.)
> 
>  
> 
> Sorry for the slow reply.  I would expect the progress of
> draft-ietf-pce-pceps through to RFC to be reasonably fast, so I’m not
> sure early code point allocation should be needed.  The main risk would
> be a conflict with the stateful PCE drafts, should the new message in
> the PCEPS draft be allocated a clashing code point with the values that
> the stateful drafts have “recommended” for their messages.

I agree.

> I think it is possible that PCEPS will leap-frog stateful PCE on the way
> to RFC, so I think the best way to proceed is to obtain an early
> allocation for draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce and
> draft-ietf-pce-pce-initiated-lsp.  To do this we would only require help
> from the stateful draft authors (e.g. you) to answer any questions that
> IANA has about your text (which would happen sooner or later anyway
> :-).  Would you like us to start an early allocation for these drafts?

I think this is a fair assessment. I can answer any questions and an
early allocation would be an excellent way of ensuring we do not get
clashes.

Thanks,
Robert