Subject: [Pce] RFC 7897 on Domain Subobjects for the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 15:22:16 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7897

        Title:      Domain Subobjects for the Path 
                    Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) 
        Author:     D. Dhody, U. Palle, R. Casellas
        Status:     Experimental
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      35
        Characters: 71770
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pce-pcep-domain-sequence-12.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7897

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7897

The ability to compute shortest constrained Traffic Engineering Label
Switched Paths (TE LSPs) in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) networks across multiple domains has been
identified as a key requirement.  In this context, a domain is a
collection of network elements within a common sphere of address
management or path computational responsibility such as an Interior
Gateway Protocol (IGP) area or an Autonomous System (AS).  This
document specifies a representation and encoding of a domain
sequence, which is defined as an ordered sequence of domains
traversed to reach the destination domain to be used by Path
Computation Elements (PCEs) to compute inter-domain constrained
shortest paths across a predetermined sequence of domains.  This
document also defines new subobjects to be used to encode domain
identifiers.

This document is a product of the Path Computation Element Working Group of the IETF.

EXPERIMENTAL: This memo defines an Experimental Protocol for the
Internet community.  It does not specify an Internet standard of any
kind. Discussion and suggestions for improvement are requested.
Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC