Subject: [Pce] New (01) version of PCEP Experimental Codepoint Allocation

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2016 11:20:46 +0100

Hi All, 

We just posted a new version of the I-D based on comments received from the
list. 

Experimental Codepoint Allocation for Path Computation Element communication
Protocol (PCEP)

https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-dhody-pce-pcep-exp-codepoints-01

Updates include: 

- Suggested experimental codepoint range for PCEP:  Messages, Objects, and
TLVs

- Captured the list discussion on NO-PATH Objects, Metric Types,
Notifications, Errors and Close Messages

- Added a table summarising registry requests.

Obviously further discussion of the document is needed, and we hope to
present the proposal in Berlin. A few key questions for consideration,
include:

- The WG needs to decide on the scope of the experimental code points

- Do we need a new experimental Error-value/Notification-Value if an
existing Error-Type/Notification-Type is not allowed, or should we add a new
Error-type/Notification-Type from experimental range/value?

- Or, should we set aside an experimental range for
Error-value/Notification-Value for each Error-Type/Notification-Type as
well.

- How best to meet Johns requirement of prime-based number allocations, as
it seems Fibonacci numbers are not acceptable. 

See some of you in Berlin!

BR, Dan and Dhruv.