Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2016 22:24:54 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element of the IETF.

        Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path (LSP).
        Authors         : Dhruv Dhody
                          Qin Wu
                          Vishwas Manral
                          Zafar Ali
                          Kenji Kumaki
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-12.txt
	Pages           : 28
	Date            : 2016-08-17

Abstract:
   In certain networks, such as, but not limited to, financial
   information networks (e.g. stock market data providers), network
   performance criteria (e.g. latency) are becoming as critical to data
   path selection as other metrics and constraints.  These metrics are
   associated with the Service Level Agreement (SLA) between customers
   and service providers.  The link bandwidth utilization (the total
   bandwidth of a link in current use for the forwarding) is another
   important factor to consider during path computation.

   IGP Traffic Engineering (TE) Metric extensions describe mechanisms
   with which network performance information is distributed via OSPF
   and IS-IS respectively.  The Path Computation Element Communication
   Protocol (PCEP) provides mechanisms for Path Computation Elements
   (PCEs) to perform path computations in response to Path Computation
   Clients (PCCs) requests.  This document describes the extension to
   PCEP to carry latency, delay variation, packet loss and link
   bandwidth utilization as constraints for end to end path computation.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-12

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-12

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 05:33:12 +0000

Hi WG,

This update handles the comments from Chris, as part of the Routing Directorate Review [1]. 
Another change is in section 6.3 where the repeating of the format of the PCRpt message is removed from this document. See diff [2].

Regards,
Dhruv

[1] https://mailarchive.ietf.org/arch/msg/pce/ax1owmoifKFXsjlMJQXczyq8T64
[2] https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-12

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pce [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> [email-masked]
> Sent: 18 August 2016 10:55
> To: [email-masked]
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-pcep-service-aware-12.txt
> 
> 
>         Title           : Extensions to the Path Computation Element
> Communication Protocol (PCEP) to compute service aware Label Switched Path
> (LSP).
>         Authors         : Dhruv Dhody
>                           Qin Wu
>                           Vishwas Manral
>                           Zafar Ali
>                           Kenji Kumaki
> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce