Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-app-07.txt> (Applicability of a Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE)) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 03 Oct 2016 14:46:12 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG
(pce) to consider the following document:
- 'Applicability of a Stateful Path Computation Element (PCE)'
  <draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-app-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2016-10-17. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A stateful Path Computation Element (PCE) maintains information about
   Label Switched Path (LSP) characteristics and resource usage within a
   network in order to provide traffic engineering calculations for its
   associated Path Computation Clients (PCCs).  This document describes
   general considerations for a stateful PCE deployment and examines its
   applicability and benefits, as well as its challenges and limitations
   through a number of use cases.  PCE Communication Protocol (PCEP)
   extensions required for stateful PCE usage are covered in separate
   documents.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-app/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-app/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.