Subject: [Pce] EXTENDED Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-08.txt> (Conveying path setup type in PCEP messages) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 01 Mar 2018 07:46:06 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Conveying path setup type in PCEP
messages'
  <draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-03-28. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   A Path Computation Element can compute Traffic Engineering (TE) paths
   through a network that are subject to various constraints.
   Currently, TE paths are Label Switched Paths (LSPs) which are set up
   using the RSVP-TE signaling protocol.  However, other TE path setup
   methods are possible within the PCE architecture.  This document
   proposes an extension to PCEP to allow support for different path
   setup methods over a given PCEP session.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-lsp-setup-type/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.