Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-14.txt> (PCEP Extensions for Segment Routing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2018 11:58:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'PCEP Extensions for Segment Routing'
  <draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-14.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2018-10-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   Segment Routing (SR) enables any head-end node to select any path
   without relying on a hop-by-hop signaling technique (e.g., LDP or
   RSVP-TE).  It depends only on "segments" that are advertised by Link-
   State Interior Gateway Protocols (IGPs).  A Segment Routed Path can
   be derived from a variety of mechanisms, including an IGP Shortest
   Path Tree (SPT), explicit configuration, or a Path Computation
   Element (PCE).  This document specifies extensions to the Path
   Computation Element Communication Protocol (PCEP) that allow a
   stateful PCE to compute and initiate Traffic Engineering (TE) paths,
   as well as a PCC to request a path subject to certain constraints and
   optimization criteria in SR networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.