Subject: [Pce] Alissa Cooper's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-14: (with COMMENT)

From: Alissa Cooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2018 13:49:17 -0800

Alissa Cooper has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing-14: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-segment-routing/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Section 8.4 strikes me as a little odd for an archival document -- presumably
draft-ietf-pce-pcep-yang either will or will not include the listed items, so
the recommendations will either be out-of-date or false once
draft-ietf-pce-pcep-yang is published.

---

From: Jonathan Hardwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2018 17:22:38 +0000

Alissa

Thanks for your comment - sorry for the delay in replying.

> Section 8.4 strikes me as a little odd for an archival document -- presumably draft-ietf-pce-pcep-yang either will or will not include the listed items, so the recommendations will either be out-of-date or false once draft-ietf-pce-pcep-yang is published.

[Jon] I agree.  Looking at the current PCEP YANG draft, I am not sure that all of this information is currently captured in the model.  So in this section, we are really pointing out SR-related information that this YANG model, or a future version of it, should address.  How about this:

OLD
   The PCEP YANG module [I-D.ietf-pce-pcep-yang] should include:
NEW
   The PCEP YANG module is defined in [I-D.ietf-pce-pcep-yang].  In future, this
   YANG module should be extended or augmented to provide the following
   additional information relating to segment routing.
END

Best regards
Jon