Subject: [Pce] Protocol Action: 'PCEP Extension for WSON Routing and Wavelength Assignment' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2019 13:09:23 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'PCEP Extension for WSON Routing and Wavelength Assignment'
  (draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-wson-rwa-ext/

Technical Summary

This document provides the Path Computation Element communication Protocol
(PCEP) extensions for the support of Routing and Wavelength Assignment (RWA)
in Wavelength Switched Optical Networks (WSON).  Path provisioning in WSONs
requires a routing and wavelength assignment (RWA) process.  From a path
computation perspective, wavelength assignment is the process of determining
which wavelength can be used on each hop of a path and forms an additional
routing constraint to optical path computation.

Working Group Summary

The document is supported by the WG and no particular issue
was raised during the WG last call.

Document Quality

The protocol is widely implemented but the shepherd is not aware of any
commercial implementation of the extensions defined in this document. The
document is signed by authors from different vendors, operators and research
centers showing interest in these extensions.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Daniele Ceccarelli
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard

IANA Note

Section 8.5: All the non-assigned values in this registry should be marked as "Unassigned":
OLD:
    2-255             Reserved             [This.I-D]
 NEW:
    2-255             Unassigned           [This.I-D]