Subject: [Pce] PCEP Enhanced Errors

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2019 16:25:29 +0100

Hi,

In Prague we had a discussion of draft-ietf-pce-enhanced-errors.  

My recollection is that we decided that there was no great hurry to push
this document to completion, but that we didn't want to abandon it.

Checking back with the minutes, there was an objective that we encourage
authors of other documents to adhere to the error behaviours described in
this document. We do this possibly by putting text on a wiki page, but first
by discussing the guidelines on the mailing list. Looks like we were
particularly interested in the behaviours when there are multiple PCEs
present.

We also discussed the possibilities for encouraging an "Error Handling"
section in all our drafts, or at least for a section on "Error Handling in
Multi-PCE Scenarios" when applicable.

Would the authors of draft-ietf-pce-enhanced-errors like to take the lead on
this?

Thanks,
Adrian