Subject: [Pce] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicability-07.txt> (Applicability of the Path Computation Element to Inter-Area and Inter-AS MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 13:56:57 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Path Computation Element WG (pce) to
consider the following document: - 'Applicability of the Path Computation
Element to Inter-Area and Inter-
   AS MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering'
  <draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicability-07.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2019-05-30. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Path Computation Element (PCE) may be used for computing services
   that traverse multi-area and multi-AS Multiprotocol Label Switching
   (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineered (TE) networks.

   This document examines the applicability of the PCE architecture,
   protocols, and protocol extensions for computing multi-area and
   multi-AS paths in MPLS and GMPLS networks.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicability/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-inter-area-as-applicability/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.