Subject: Re: [Pce] Proposed Implementation Policy for PCE WG

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2019 15:11:42 +0530

Hi WG,

The poll is closed.

We have an implementation policy set for the PCE WG -

"All WG I-Ds are required to include an 'Implementation Status'
Section (as per RFC7942) to document known existing or planned
implementations. The chairs can make exceptions on a per-document
basis."

It is expected that all WG I-Ds requesting WG LC from now on (May
2019), must follow the above implementation policy. Reach out to the
chairs in case an exception needs to be made for your document.

Refer the wiki - https://trac.ietf.org/trac/pce/ for the policy as
well as WG queues/status.

Thanks!
Dhruv, Julien & Adrian

On Tue, Apr 9, 2019 at 10:01 PM Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Hi WG,
>
> In discussion with our ADs and with other WG chairs in the Routing
> Area, the PCE chairs have decided that it would be good for the
> working group to have a stated policy about what implementation is
> needed, desired, or required before a draft can advance for
> publication as an RFC. The full range of options is available from "no
> implementation required" up to "multiple independent and
> inter-operable implementations required". The purposes are to help
> ensure quality and implementable RFCs, to make sure that our work is
> truly relevant and needed, and to understand the relative priorities
> of our work.
>
> The chairs briefly mentioned this at the IETF 104 PCE WG meeting, and
> we promised to start a discussion on what 'Implementation Policy' to
> set for the PCE WG.
>
> This is a subject for the WG to decide through the usual rough
> consensus, but the chairs would like to start the discussion with a
> proposal as follows -
>
> "All WG I-Ds are required to include an 'Implementation Status'
> Section (as per RFC7942) to document known existing or planned
> implementations. The chairs can make exceptions on a per-document
> basis."
>
> Please raise any concern with the proposed implementation policy by
> 24th April 2019.
>
> Thanks!
> Adrian, Dhruv & Julien