Subject: [Pce] Mirja Kühlewind's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-11: (with COMMENT)

From: Mirja Kühlewind via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2019 09:48:09 -0700

Mirja Kühlewind has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-11: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for quickly addressing the TSV-ART review (and thanks to David for this
very clear and well explained review)! I would have preferred to actually see a
normative requirement as original proposed by David ("sample interval SHOULD
NOT be less than 1 minute") in section 5.2.1. Also I would have expected the
proposed new text to show up somewhere in section 4 (maybe even as a new
subsection).

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2019 14:43:14 +0530

Hi Mirja,

> draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-11: No Objection

Thanks for your review, as well as to David for TSV-ART review.

Regarding normative - as there could be different transport protocol
(with different congestion techniques), I feel providing a clear
warning to the reader about changing the default is better than using
1 min. I thought in some scenario the issue could be seen even if set
to 2 mins! And with the help of David we have consensuses on the
current text.

I have added text in section 4 and 5.2.1, with reference to section
6.6 in the working copy.

Diff: https://tools.ietf.org/tools/rfcdiff/rfcdiff.pyht?url1=draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-11&url2=https://raw.githubusercontent.com/dhruvdhody/ietf/master/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-pce-auto-bandwidth-12.txt

Thanks!
Dhruv