Subject: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2019 08:00:03 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Path Computation Element WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Updated Rules for Processing Stateful PCE Request Parameters Flags
        Author          : Adrian Farrel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt
	Pages           : 6
	Date            : 2019-11-07

Abstract:
   Extensions to the Path Computation Element Communication Protocol
   (PCEP) to support stateful Path Computation Elements (PCEs) are
   defined in RFC 8231.  One of the extensions is the Stateful PCE
   Request Parameters (SRP) object.  That object includes a Flags field
   that is a set of 32 bit flags, and RFC 8281 defines an IANA registry
   for tracking assigned flags.  However, RFC 8231 does not explain how
   an implementation should set unassigned flags in transmitted
   messages, nor how an implementation should process unassigned,
   unknown, or unsupported flags in received messages.

   This document updates RFC 8231 by defining the correct behaviors.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 21:37:09 +0530

Hi WG,

As instructed by our AD, I-D has been posted with the file name change
- draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.

The chairs request the WG to reaffirm that the WG supports the
publication of the I-D by Friday 22nd Nov. We request you to be vocal
to enable us to judge consensus (and justify it).

Thanks!
Dhruv & Julien

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:30 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> Pce mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pce

---

From: "RAGHURAM, ASWATNARAYAN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2019 16:43:10 +0000

Fully support this work. 
It removes the ambiguity regarding PCEP SRP object and the SP networks are using PCEP to manage congestion in the network.

Thanks

A.Raghuram
Lead Member of Technical Staff
Network Infrastructure and Services
AT&T Services, Inc.
200 S. Laurel Av, Room C5-2Z01, Middletown, NJ 07748
O 732.420.2471 | [email-masked]

This communication may contain information that is privileged, or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please note  FYI that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  Anyone who receives this message in error should notify the sender immediately by telephone or by return e-mail and delete it from his or her computer. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Pce <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dhruv Dhody
Sent: Friday, November 8, 2019 11:07 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt

Hi WG,

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.org_doc_draft-2Dietf-2Dpce-2Dstateful-2Dflags_&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=QNToJ4byfiy_4vy6H7dTgAPqN3XciMGI3LRm7GcpRS0&m=4jWZGh4Pilf5AM78JB_cjXTMlAeCh8OHSOOzaEZxcPY&s=91BNww-5xjEjT9cA13b_ywxPLKqvcYH0IaQrtno4B3s&e=

The chairs request the WG to reaffirm that the WG supports the publication of the I-D by Friday 22nd Nov. We request you to be vocal to enable us to judge consensus (and justify it).

Thanks!
Dhruv & Julien

On Thu, Nov 7, 2019 at 9:30 PM <[email-masked]> wrote:
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.
> org_doc_draft-2Dietf-2Dpce-2Dstateful-2Dflags_&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMe
> MTSQicvjIg&r=QNToJ4byfiy_4vy6H7dTgAPqN3XciMGI3LRm7GcpRS0&m=4jWZGh4Pilf
> 5AM78JB_cjXTMlAeCh8OHSOOzaEZxcPY&s=91BNww-5xjEjT9cA13b_ywxPLKqvcYH0IaQ
> rtno4B3s&e=
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__tools.ietf.org_ht
> ml_draft-2Dietf-2Dpce-2Dstateful-2Dflags-2D00&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeM
> TSQicvjIg&r=QNToJ4byfiy_4vy6H7dTgAPqN3XciMGI3LRm7GcpRS0&m=4jWZGh4Pilf5
> AM78JB_cjXTMlAeCh8OHSOOzaEZxcPY&s=0wGDNe62PW0D0_fc8DE7kRsjV9ms64HqL479
> UClA9WM&e= 
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__datatracker.ietf.
> org_doc_html_draft-2Dietf-2Dpce-2Dstateful-2Dflags-2D00&d=DwICAg&c=LFY
> Z-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=QNToJ4byfiy_4vy6H7dTgAPqN3XciMGI3LRm7GcpRS0&m=4j
> WZGh4Pilf5AM78JB_cjXTMlAeCh8OHSOOzaEZxcPY&s=O37vCSzsbrDqJpcptvgE_rvbJl
> X67h4QP2jOTaIcUuw&e=
>
>
> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of 
> submission until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=ftp-3A__ftp.ietf.org_intern
> et-2Ddrafts_&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=QNToJ4byfiy_4vy6H7dTg
> APqN3XciMGI3LRm7GcpRS0&m=4jWZGh4Pilf5AM78JB_cjXTMlAeCh8OHSOOzaEZxcPY&s
> =MebsZqdmFXhqWuDTwf1ll73AdeBezI1rV-55Yt6RWrM&e=
>
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mail
> man_listinfo_pce&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=QNToJ4byfiy_4vy6H
> 7dTgAPqN3XciMGI3LRm7GcpRS0&m=4jWZGh4Pilf5AM78JB_cjXTMlAeCh8OHSOOzaEZxc
> PY&s=ztlu4pan5lfBzTeYmBpdlOl4ftHrEUHpEr-ULsJ_FJw&e=

_______________________________________________
Pce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.ietf.org_mailman_listinfo_pce&d=DwICAg&c=LFYZ-o9_HUMeMTSQicvjIg&r=QNToJ4byfiy_4vy6H7dTgAPqN3XciMGI3LRm7GcpRS0&m=4jWZGh4Pilf5AM78JB_cjXTMlAeCh8OHSOOzaEZxcPY&s=ztlu4pan5lfBzTeYmBpdlOl4ftHrEUHpEr-ULsJ_FJw&e=

---

From: Jonathan Hardwick <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 08:53:40 +0000

I support publication.
Cheers
Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]> 
Sent: 08 November 2019 16:07
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt

Hi WG,

Thanks!
Dhruv & Julien

---

From: Jeff Tantsura <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 10:05:48 +0100

+1

Regards,
Jeff

> On Nov 9, 2019, at 09:53, Jonathan Hardwick <Jonathan.Hardwick=[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I support publication.
> Cheers
> Jon
>

---

From: Qin Wu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 10:24:24 +0000

I Support the publication.

-Qin
________________________________
吴钦 Qin
Mobile：+86-13914734360<tel:+86-13914734360>(Mobile Number)
Email：[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

发件人： Jonathan Hardwick<Jonathan.Hardwick=[email-masked]<mailto:Jonathan.Hardwick=[email-masked]>>
收件人： Dhruv Dhody<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>;pce<[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>>
主题： Re: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt
时间： 2019-11-09 16:54:23

I support publication.
Cheers
Jon

-----Original Message-----
From: Dhruv Dhody <[email-masked]>
Sent: 08 November 2019 16:07
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt

Hi WG,

Thanks!
Dhruv & Julien

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 9 Nov 2019 23:49:00 -0000

Hard not to be sarcastic, but I'll try.

Yes, I still support this document I wrote at the request of the chairs and
with the support of the WG to fix an error in a WG RFC and which has already
completed WG last call but now has a new name and another two weeks delay
before it can go to IETF last call.

If anyone asks why the IETF takes so long to produce RFCs, we might use this
document as a good example. I know, not the chairs' fault.

Best,
Adrian
-----Original Message-----
From: Pce <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Dhruv Dhody
Sent: 08 November 2019 16:07
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Pce] I-D Action: draft-ietf-pce-stateful-flags-00.txt

Hi WG,

Thanks!
Dhruv & Julien

> Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of
submission