Subject: [Pce] Shepherd Review of draft-ietf-pce-association-policy-12

From: Hariharan Ananthakrishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Oct 2020 14:43:58 -0700

Hi Authors,

Please find the review comments below:

Title

OLD

Path Communication Element (PCE) communication Protocol (PCEP) extension
for associating Policies and Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

NEW

Path Communication Element (PCE) Communication Protocol (PCEP) extension
for associating Policies and Label Switched Paths (LSPs)

1. Introduction

OLD

[RFC5440] describes the Path Computation Element communication
Protocol(PCEP) which enables communication between a Path Computation
Client(PCC) and a Path Control Element (PCE),

NEW

[RFC5440] describes the Path Computation Element Communication
Protocol(PCEP) which enables communication between a Path Computation
Client(PCC) and a Path Computation Element (PCE),

2. Terminology

OLD

PCC: Path Computation Client. Any client application requesting a  path
computation to be performed by a Path Computation Element.

NEW

PCC:  Path Computation Client; any client application requesting a

      path computation to be performed by a Path Computation Element.

OLD

PCE:  Path Computation Element.  An entity (component, application,

      or network node) that is capable of computing a network path or

      route based on a network graph and applying computational

      constraints.

NEW

PCE:  Path Computation Element; an entity (component, application, or

      network node) that is capable of computing a network path or route

      based on a network graph and applying computational constraints.

3. Motivation

OLD

Similarly, a PCC could request a user- or service-specific policy

NEW

Similarly, a  PCC could request a user-specific or service-specific policy

3.1 Policy based Constraints

OLD

In the context of policy-enabled path computation [RFC5394], path
computation policies may be applied at both a PCC and a PCE.

NEW

In the context of Policy-Enabled Path Computation Framework [RFC5394], path
computation policies may be applied at either a PCC or a PCE or both.

OLD

The PCC may also apply user- or service-specific policies to decide

NEW

The PCC may also apply user-specific or service-specific policies to decide

OLD

The user- or service-specific policies applied to PCC and are passed to the
PCE along with the Path computation request, in the form of constraints
[RFC5394]

NEW

The user-specific or service-specific policies applied to PCC are passed to
the PCE along with the path computation request, in the form of constraints
[RFC5394]

4. Overview

OLD

This document defines a new Association type, called “Policy Association”
(TBD1), based on the generic ASSOCIATION object.

NEW

This document defines a new association type, called “Policy Association”
of value 3, based on the generic ASSOCIATION object.

OLD

This capability exchange for the PAT (TBD1) MUST be done before using the
policy association.

NEW

This capability exchange for the PAT MUST be done before using the policy
association.

OLD

Thus the PCEP speaker MUST include the PAT (TBD1) in the ASSOC-Type-List TLV

NEW

Thus the PCEP speaker MUST include the PAT in the ASSOC-Type-List TLV

5.1. Policy Parameters TLV

OLD

       0                   1                   2                   3

       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

      |         Type=TBD2             |          Length               |

      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

NEW

       0                   1                   2                   3

       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

      |         Type=48               |          Length               |

      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

OLD

The type of the POLICY-PARAMETERS-TLV is TBD2

NEW

The type of the POLICY-PARAMETERS-TLV is 48

Thanks,

Hari

---

From: Mahend Negi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 06:56:21 +0530

Hi Hari,
Thanks for your comments, a new version of the draft is submitted.

Htmlized version:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-association-policy-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-association-policy-13

Regards,
Mahendra

On Sun, Oct 4, 2020 at 3:14 AM Hariharan Ananthakrishnan <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> In the context of Policy-Enabled Path Computation Framework [RFC5394],
> path computation policies may be applied at either a PCC or a PCE or both.
>
>
> OLD
>
> The user- or service-specific policies applied to PCC and are passed to
> the PCE along with the Path computation request, in the form of constraints
> [RFC5394]
>
>
> NEW
>
> The user-specific or service-specific policies applied to PCC are passed
> to the PCE along with the path computation request, in the form of
> constraints [RFC5394]
>
>
>
> 4. Overview
>
> OLD
>

---

From: Hariharan Ananthakrishnan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2020 08:48:49 -0700

Thanks for addressing the comments.

- Hari