Subject: [Pce] Protocol Action: 'Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol (PCEP) extension for associating Policies and Label Switched Paths (LSPs)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pce-association-policy-16.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2021 07:37:28 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Path Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol (PCEP) extension
   for associating Policies and Label Switched Paths (LSPs)'
  (draft-ietf-pce-association-policy-16.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Path Computation Element Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Alvaro Retana, Martin Vigoureux and Deborah
Brungard.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-association-policy/

Technical Summary

This document introduces a simple mechanism to associate policies to
a group of Label Switched Paths (LSPs) via an extension to the Path
Computation Element (PCE) Communication Protocol (PCEP).  The
extension allows a PCEP speaker to advertise to a PCEP peer that a
particular LSP belongs to a particular Policy Association Group.

Working Group Summary

   Was there anything in the WG process that is worth noting?
   For example, was there controversy about particular points 
   or were there decisions where the consensus was
   particularly rough?

  No concerns.

Document Quality

The I-D has existing implementation and this has been mentioned in section 6.1.

Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document?  Hariharan Ananthakrishnan
   Who is the Responsible Area Director?  Deborah Brungard