Subject: [Pce] Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-12: (with COMMENT)

From: Erik Kline via Datatracker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2022 17:18:25 -0800

Erik Kline has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-12: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/blog/handling-iesg-ballot-positions/
for more information about how to handle DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

[S4.1; question]

* For clarity, when the locator prefix is a /48 and the nodes are each
  allocated a /64, which of these is expected:

    [a] {LB=48, LN=64, FUN=..., ARG=...}, or

    [b] {LB=48, LN=16, FUN=..., ARG=...}

    (where LB + LN = 64)?

---

From: "Chengli (Cheng Li)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 13:54:08 +0000

Hi Erik,

Many thanks for your comments and question, the answer would be [b] {LB=48, LN=16, FUN=..., ARG=...}

For clarity, we have added the following text in the draft- 

[RFC8986] defines an SRv6 SID as consisting of LOC:FUNCT:ARG, where a locator (LOC) is encoded in the L most significant bits of the SID, followed by F bits of function (FUNCT) and A bits of arguments (ARG). A locator may be represented as B:N where B is the SRv6 SID locator block (IPv6 prefix allocated for SRv6 SIDs by the operator) and N is the identifier of the parent node instantiating the SID called locator node.

Thanks,
Cheng

There is also an htmlized version available at:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-13

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: Erik Kline via Datatracker [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2022年2月3日 9:18
收件人: The IESG <[email-masked]>
抄送: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
主题: Erik Kline's No Objection on draft-ietf-pce-binding-label-sid-12: (with COMMENT)

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this introductory paragraph, however.)

[S4.1; question]

    (where LB + LN = 64)?

---

From: Erik Kline <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2022 07:20:05 -0800

Thanks!

On Thu, Feb 10, 2022 at 5:54 AM Chengli (Cheng Li) <[email-masked]> wrote:

> [RFC8986] defines an SRv6 SID as consisting of LOC:FUNCT:ARG, where a
> locator (LOC) is encoded in the L most significant bits of the SID,
> followed by F bits of function (FUNCT) and A bits of arguments (ARG). A
> locator may be represented as B:N where B is the SRv6 SID locator block
> (IPv6 prefix allocated for SRv6 SIDs by the operator) and N is the
> identifier of the parent node instantiating the SID called locator node.
>
> Thanks,
> Cheng
>
>
> 抄送: [email-masked]; [email-masked];
> [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]