Subject: [PCN] Fwd: I-D ACTION:draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-00.txt

From: Lars Westberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jun 2007 13:22:10 +0200

Dear all

The "LC-PCN - The Load Control PCN solution" draft can be found via:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-00.txt

Abstract

There is an increased interest of simple and scalable resource provisioning
solution for Diffserv network.
The Load Control PCN (LC-PCN) addresses the following issues:

1. Admission control for real time data flows in stateless Diffserv Domains
2. Flow termination: Termination of flows in case of exceptional events,
such as severe congestion after re-routing.
Admission control in a Diffserv stateless domain is a combination of:

  1. Probing, whereby a probe packet is
   sent along the forwarding path in a network to determine
   whether a flow can be admitted based upon the current
   congestion state of the network

  2. Admission control based on data marking, whereby in congestion
    situations the data packets are marked to notify the egress node
    that a congestion occurred on a particular ingress to egress
    path.
    The scheme provides the capability of controlling the traffic load in
    the network without requiring signaling or any per-flow processing in
    the core routers. The complexity of Load Control is kept to a minimum
    to make implementation simple.

Kind regards,

Lars
_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn