Subject: [PCN] could multicast service be supported in a PCN domain?

From: Delei Yu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 17:33:58 +0800

PCNers,

Is it possible for multicast service to be supported in a PCN domain? PCN
charter hasn't covered this. So this is just a question for question. -:)

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn

---

From: "Jozef Babiarz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:20:23 -0400

Delei,

We have not looked at PCN use with multicast. Currently it is not in
scope.

Regards, Joe 
email:[email-masked] 
Telephone:613-763-6098 

________________________________

From: Delei Yu [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: July 25, 2007 5:34 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [PCN] could multicast service be supported in a PCN domain?

PCNers,

Is it possible for multicast service to be supported in a PCN domain?
PCN charter hasn't covered this. So this is just a question for
question. -:)

---

From: ken carlberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2007 16:13:21 -0500

A question to the chairs.  When would be a reasonable time to bring  
up a new topic like multicast to the group in the form of a draft- 
rfc?  Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing something around the time  
that Phil Eardley's Architecture draft is at working group last call  
to at least get a tangible feel of the specifics so as to make a more  
informed decision then as to its acceptance.

I also wouldn't mind to at least hear on this list in the coming week 
(s), ever so briefly, what Delei would like to explore.  I suspect  
that this list will quiet down shortly and for a period of time as  
author's go working on comments of the past week and from today's  
meeting.

-ken

On Jul 25, 2007, at 3:20 PM, Jozef Babiarz wrote:

> Delei,
>
> We have not looked at PCN use with multicast. Currently it is not  
> in scope.
>
>
>
> Regards, Joe
> email:[email-masked]
> Telephone:613-763-6098
>
> Is it possible for multicast service to be supported in a PCN  
> domain? PCN charter hasn’t covered this. So this is just a question  
> for question. -:)
>
>
>

---

From: Steven Blake <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 22:52:28 -0400

On Wed, 2007-07-25 at 16:13 -0500, ken carlberg wrote:

> A question to the chairs.  When would be a reasonable time to bring up
> a new topic like multicast to the group in the form of a draft-rfc?
> Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing something around the time that Phil
> Eardley's Architecture draft is at working group last call to at least
> get a tangible feel of the specifics so as to make a more informed
> decision then as to its acceptance.

If someone has ideas about what (if any) changes are needed to PCN to
accommodate multicast flows, the sooner you can document this the
better.

> I also wouldn't mind to at least hear on this list in the coming
> week(s), ever so briefly, what Delei would like to explore.  I suspect

Hopefully you are wrong about this.

Regards,

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Steven Blake                <[email-masked]>
Ericsson/Redback Networks               +1 919-472-9913