Subject: [PCN] Baseline encoding to WG item

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 15:28:03 +0100

Hi Steve,

Can I just check whether the baseline encoding draft was finally
approved as a WG draft or not? I don't remember having seen anything to
confirm it on the list since your email asking for WG views.

I have finally got the updated version ready to post and would ideally
like to post it as a WG doc straight off. However I have made some
changes to the document to try and improve the separation between the
encoding (a means to carry information using the ECN and DSCP fields),
the marking (a way to use the encoding to carry meaningful information)
and the architecture (a way to use the marking to achieve flow admission
and termination). I have also moved some bits to an appendix as they are
really to do with edge node behaviour rather than encoding. Hopefully
someone will take up the task of writing these into an edge behaviour
document...

Hope that all makes sense.

Toby

____________________________________________________________________
Toby Moncaster, <[email-masked]> Networks Research Centre, BT
B54/70 Adastral Park, Ipswich, IP53RE, UK.  +44 1473 648734 

_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:44:23 -0400

> Hope that all makes sense.

Please post it as a WG document.

Thanks,

// Steve