Subject: [PCN] new version LC-PCN draft + conclusions

From: "Georgios Karagiannis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 17:16:05 +0000

Dear all

Please note that a new version of the LC-PCN draft has been submitted,
see:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-westberg-pcn-load-control-05.txt

This version contains among other results also the results that were
presented during the IETF in Dublin.

Section 5.8 contains the following experiment conclusions.

   Based on the results obtained from the experiments presented in
   Sections 5.5, 5.6 and 5.7 this document recommends the following:

   o  Leave open the option to use PCN_Affected_Marking encoding since
      it can solve the ECMP problem and it can provide an efficient
      solution for the HOSE model.  In this document the term HOSE is
      referring to the aggregation of incoming traffic from all ingress
      edges, which is associated with one traffic class, i.e., PHB,
      towards one egress edge.  This type of HOSE model is equivalent to
      the Multiple to Point (MP2P) type of aggregation.

   o  Leave open the option of using random dropping in PCN-interior-
      nodes for PCN_Marking, PCN_Affected_Marking and PCN_unmarked
      encoded packets.

   o  Leave open the option of using the parameter N such that the
      marked excess rate can represent also high level of measured
      excess rate:

   **** Implemented by marking every N-th packet (or byte) instead of
   marking each packet (or byte).

Best regards,
Georgios
_______________________________________________
PCN mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn