Subject: [PCN] I-D Action:draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 05:00:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Congestion and Pre-Congestion Notification Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : PCN Encoding for Packet-Specific Dual Marking (PSDM)
	Author(s)       : M. Menth, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-00.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2009-06-26

This document proposes how PCN marks can be encoded into the IP
header.  The presented encoding reuses the ECN field of the Voice-
Admit DSCP in a single PCN domain.  The encoding of unmarked PCN
packets indicates whether they are subject to either excess- or
exhaustive-marking.  This is useful, e.g., when data and probe
packets require different marking mechanisms.

Status

This memo is posted as an Internet-Draft with an intent to eventually
be published as an experimental RFC.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-pcn-psdm-encoding-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Michael Menth <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 17:37:25 +0200

Hi,

this is the unchanged version of the individual submission. Comments are 
welcome for further improvement. The proposal has been published at
http://www.future-network09.org/
and a preprint is accessible at
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/~menth/Publications/papers/Menth09f.pdf

Regards,

    Michael

[email-masked] schrieb:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> PCN mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcn
>   

-- 
Dr. Michael Menth, Assistant Professor
University of Wuerzburg, Institute of Computer Science
Am Hubland, D-97074 Wuerzburg, Germany, room B206
phone: (+49)-931/31-86644 (new), fax: (+49)-931/888-6632
mailto:[email-masked]
http://www3.informatik.uni-wuerzburg.de/research/ngn