Subject: [pcp] submitted draft-ietf-pcp-base-03

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 09:58:34 -0800

I just submitted draft-ietf-pcp-base-03.txt, available now at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pcp-base-03 

Diffs are available by clicking "Diff1" or "Diff2" at the top of that page.

The interesting change to this version is two new OpCodes, PEER4 and PEER6.
These are used to query and control the lifetime of a dynamic connection.
When operating a server (e.g., webcam) or a symmetric client/server (e.g.,
SIP user agent, RTP endpoint), the existing PIN OpCodes are used (PIN44,
PIN64, etc.).  This is discussed more clearly in Section 7,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pcp-base-03#section-7

Changes from draft-ietf-pcp-base-02 to -03,
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-pcp-base-03#appendix-A.1, 

   o  Adjusted abstract and introduction to make it clear PCP is
      intended to forward ports and intended to reduce application
      keepalives.

   o  First bit in PCP common header is set.  This allows DTLS and non-
      DTLS to be multiplexed on same port, should we want to add DTLS
      support.

   o  Moved subscriber identity from common PCP section to PIN* section.

   o  made clearer that PCP client can reduce mapping lifetime if it
      wishes.

   o  Added discussion of host running a server, client, or symmetric
      client+server.

   o  Introduced PEER4 and PEER6 OpCodes.

   o  Removed REMOTE_PEER Option, as its function has been replaced by
      the new PEER OpCodes.

   o  IANA assigned port 44323 to PCP.

   o  Removed AMBIGUOUS error code, which is no longer needed.

-d