Subject: Re: [pcp] base #8 (assigned): PCP server discovery methods

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:45:13 -0000

#8: PCP server discovery methods

Comment(by dwing@…):

 Need to flip 3/4 order, so IANA address is the end.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dwing@…             |       Owner:  dwing@…        
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  assigned       
 Priority:  critical            |   Milestone:                 
Component:  base                |     Version:                 
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:                 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/8#comment:2>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 15:56:09 -0000

Comment(by dwing@…):

 Server has to respond using the same IP address as the request.  Client
 expects server to respond that way, too.  Thus, we don't have a need for a
 separate "server id" -- the server's IP address serves that function.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/8#comment:3>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>