Subject: [pcp] What is the result code for IMPLICIT_MAPPING_EXISTS?

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 17:21:02 +0800

It seems result code for IMPLICIT_MAPPING_EXISTS in base-06 is missing?

BR,

Xiaohong

opensource A+P: http://opensourceaplusp.weebly.com/

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:05:46 +0100

In your previous mail you wrote:

   It seems result code for IMPLICIT_MAPPING_EXISTS in base-06 is
   missing?
   
=> was caught by Paul Selkirk too so we have a good chance to get it
in base-07.
(BTW I am afraid I am involved in this as I asked for it.
The error is for the case:
 - a PCP client sends a MAP request for a protocol, target address
  and internal port
 - the NAT has already an implicit dynamic mapping for the same
  protocol, target address and internal port
 - for any reason (*) the NAT cannot promote the implicit dynamic
  mapping to an explicit dynamic mapping
Two remarks:
 - this should not happen but is not strictly impossible
 - (*) in my case the external port is from different pools so
  the two ways to solve the conflict was to delete the implicit
  dynamic mapping or to raise an error. According to the previous
  remark the second is better.

Regards

[email-masked] (returning to pcp-proxy-01 editing)