Subject: [pcp] #44: support DMZ host

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 16:14:36 -0000

#44: support DMZ host

 to support a tunnel termination device using PCP to initiate its tunnel,
 allow a PCP request message to forward-all-ports.  Proposal is to use
 port=65535 to indicate 'all ports'.

 Q: all ports, all protocols??

-- 
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  adurand@…            |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect               |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                |   Milestone:     
Component:  base                 |     Version:     
 Severity:  -                    |    Keywords:     
---------------------------------+------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/44>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 18:31:42 +0200

I have a concern: port 65535 is not reserved, it should be available
to any application.

Regards

[email-masked]

PS: they are other ways, which one to choose is a detail.

---

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2011 17:40:40 -0000

#44: support DMZ host

> Q: all ports, all protocols??

New description:

 to support a tunnel termination device using PCP to initiate its tunnel,
 allow a PCP request message to forward-all-ports.

--

Comment(by dwing@…):

 -07 contains the following text:

   "all ports, all protocols:  internal port=0, protocol=0"

 but lacks motivation and supporting text.

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/44#comment:1>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>