Subject: Re: [pcp] #16: PCP lifetime expiration with active traffic

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:10:07 -0000

#16: PCP lifetime expiration with active traffic

Comment(by cheshire@…):

 Discussion on 8th Match conference call: For PEER opcodes, if client
 neglects to renew mapping, the normal behaviour for outbound implicit
 mappings reverts (i.e. continued traffic maintains the mapping). For MAP
 opcodes, if client neglects to renew mapping, the mapping is deleted
 (relatively) promptly when it expires. This is analogous to a DHCP lease —
 it is not valid for a client to neglect to renew its DHCP lease and expect
 to keep the address just because it is continuing to send traffic.

-- 
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dthaler@…              |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement            |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major                  |   Milestone:     
Component:  base                   |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |    Keywords:     
-----------------------------------+----------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/16#comment:2>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:56:00 -0000

Comment(by dthaler@…):

 Most people argue for lifetime being common in server-generated responses,
 and hence is worth consuming space in all such responses.
 What about client-generated messages?

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/16#comment:3>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>