Subject: Re: [pcp] #30: GetExternalIP capability?

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:34:13 -0000

#30: GetExternalIP capability?

Comment(by dthaler@…):

 A client can do this by creating a mapping.
 An address without a mapping is not useful since it can change
 immediately.
 For large-scale NATs, the external address may change at any time when no
 mapping exists.

 For the issue of UPnP interop, discussion belongs in the IWF document.

-- 
--------------------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  mohamed.boucadair@…                   |       Owner:     
     Type:  enhancement                           |      Status:  new
 Priority:  minor                                 |   Milestone:     
Component:  base                                  |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document                    |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------------------------+-------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/30#comment:1>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:37:47 -0000

Changes (by dthaler@…):

  * component:  base => UPnP interop

Component:  UPnP interop                          |     Version:     

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/30#comment:2>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>