Subject: [pcp] (no subject)

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 15:11:34 +0200

Form base 13:

   If any of occurrences of the FILTER Option in a request packet are
   not successfully processed then an error is returned (e.g.,
   MALFORMED_OPTION if one of the Options was malformed) and as with
   other PCP errors, returning an error causes no state to be changed in
   the PCP server or in the PCP-controlled device.

this puts a constraint on implementations which should be more explicit,
I propose to add an implementor note saying "when the processing of
a MAP request with FILTER options is split in two phases, the first one
for creation or updating of the explicit dynamic mapping, the second for
fitering, if a mapping was created in the first phase and the second
failed then the mapping must be deleted.

Regards

[email-masked]

---

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 08:49:47 -0700

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Francis Dupont
> Sent: Monday, August 08, 2011 6:12 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [pcp] (no subject)
> 
> Form base 13:
> 

Section 5.3, "Options", already says:

   If, while processing an Option, an error is encountered that causes a
   PCP error response to be generated, the PCP request MUST cause no
   state change in the PCP server or the PCP-controlled device (i.e., it
   rolls back any changes it might have made while processing the
   request).

which agrees with your proposed text.  Is that insufficient?

-d

> _______________________________________________
> pcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcp

---

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Aug 2011 18:29:37 +0200

In your previous mail you wrote:

   
   which agrees with your proposed text.

=> yes, the FILTER case is just an application of a more general principle.

  Is that insufficient?
   
=> I can't say... IMHO you should ask another implementor.

Thanks

PS: still looking for co-authors for PCP DS-Lite
(the xml is ready but surely should be reviewed and improved :-)