Subject: [pcp] static mapping

From: Francis Dupont <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2011 10:57:02 +0200

I'd like to detail my proposal about static mappings here:
 - the main idea is PCP doesn't modify static mappings
  (MUST NOT)
 - if PCP tries to create an explicit dynamic mapping which
  overwrites a static mapping the static mapping is returned
  instead (SHOULD (*), static == lifetime set to C99 UINT32_MAX)
 - if PCP tries to delete an explicit dynamic mapping which
  is in fact a static mapping (BTW this should be unlikely as
  there is no good reason to blindly delete one mapping) then
  the static mapping can be returned (MAY, same returned value
  than in the previous item).
This should be placed in the 8.4 Processing a MAP Request
section and IMHO the end of "Mapping Types" in 3 Terminology
should refer to this section.

Regards

[email-masked]

PS (*): I put a SHOULD but I am fine with a MUST if someone
finds a good argument.