Subject: [pcp] pcp-base-18 posted

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 1 Dec 2011 09:11:18 -0800

Based on WGLC comments and the PCP meeting at IETF82, the following
major changes between -17 and -18 were done to draft-ietf-pcp-base,

   o  Removed UNPROCESSED option.  Instead, unprocessed options are
      simply not included in responses.

   o  Updated terminology section for Implicit/Explicit & Outbound/
      Inbound.

   o  PEER requests cannot delete or shorten the lifetime of a mapping.

   o  Clarified that PCP clients only retransmit mapping requests for as
      long as they actually want the mapping.

   o  Revised Epoch time calculations and explanation.

   o  Renamed the announcement opcode from No-Op to ANNOUNCE.

If pressed for time, please review the Rapid Recovery which was added
to -17 as a result of WGLC comments.  I personally feel Rapid Recovery
has received insufficient review.  To see the changes caused by Rapid
Recovery, the following URL may be helpful,
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url1=draft-ietf-pcp-base-16.txt&url2=draft-iet
f-pcp-base-18.txt

-d