Subject: [pcp] pcp-base-28 posted

From: "Dan Wing" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 17:44:06 -0700

I received little feedback from the working group, so made the edits that I
felt reasonable and helpful for the protocol.  Please discuss the changes,
decide if they are appropriate, and post to the list.

Summary of changes are:
   o  When processing MAP request or processing PEER request, Mapping
      Nonce validation only applies to Basic Threat Model, and not to
      THIRD_PARTY.

   o  A maximum payload size of 1100 keeps PCP packets below IPv6's 1280
      MTU limit while still allowing some room for encapsulation.  This
      accomodates EAP over PANA over PCP (EAP needs 1020 octets, per
      RFC3748), should PCP authentication decide to use EAP over PANA
      over PCP.

   o  Both MAP and PEER-created mappings cannot have their lifetimes
      reduced beyond normal UDP/TCP timesouts.

   o  Disallow re-assigning External Port to same internal host.

-d

---

From: Simon Perreault <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 09:05:49 -0400

Looks good. In particular the two last items eliminate the possibility 
of attack that Sam identified.

Simon

Le 2012-10-02 20:44, Dan Wing a écrit :
> _______________________________________________
> pcp mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/pcp
>

-- 
DTN made easy, lean, and smart --> http://postellation.viagenie.ca
NAT64/DNS64 open-source        --> http://ecdysis.viagenie.ca
STUN/TURN server               --> http://numb.viagenie.ca