Subject: Re: [pcp] #63: Handling multiple prefixes

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 11:39:12 +0200

Hi Senthil,

Thank you for the review.

The current text says the following:

   When multiple prefixes are configured in a network, the PCP server
   MAY be configured to return multiple PREFIX64 options in the same
   message to the PCP client.  The PCP server includes in the first
   PREFIX64 option, which appears in the PCP message it sends to the PCP
   client, the prefix to perform local IPv6 address synthesis [RFC6052].
   Remaining PREFIX64 options convey any other Pref64::/n values
   configured . Returning these prefixes allows an end host to identify
   them as translated addresses, and instead prefer IPv4 or an
   alternative network interface in order to avoid any NAT64 deployed in
   the network.

Doesn't this text solves your concern? Or you think more elaboration is needed?

Cheers,
Med

>-----Message d'origine-----
>De : pcp issue tracker [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Envoyé : samedi 1 juin 2013 00:54
>À : [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Cc : [email-masked]
>Objet : [pcp] #63: Handling multiple prefixes
>
>#63: Handling multiple prefixes
>
> The only comment I have is this document doesn't address the multiple
> prefixes that could be present on a NAT64 device.
> Any guidelines on which prefix should be reported would be useful.
>
>--
>-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
> Reporter:  Senthil Sivakumar        |      Owner:  draft-ietf-pcp-
>  (ssenthil) <[email-masked]>    |  [email-masked]
>     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
> Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
>Component:  nat64-prefix64           |    Version:
> Severity:  -                        |   Keywords:
>-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
>
>Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/63>
>pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>

---

From: "Senthil Sivakumar (ssenthil)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 19:07:01 +0000

Hi Med,

>Doesn't this text solves your concern? Or you think more elaboration is

I have two questions/comments about this text.
1. How should the server order these prefixes?
2.How does the server know which prefix should be the first prefix handed
to the requesting client?

Thanks
Senthil

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 10:21:24 +0200

Hi Senthil,

You can find this text in the new version available at: http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-pcp-nat64-prefix64-03.txt

The PCP server is supposed to be able to disambiguate
      prefixes used for IPv6 address synthesis and other prefixes used
      to avoid any NAT64 deployed in the network.  The PCP server can be
      configured with a customized IPv6 prefix list (i.e., specific to a
      PCP client or a group of PCP clients) or system-wise IPv6 prefix
      list (i.e., the same list is return for any PCP client).

Please let me know if this text answers your two question.

Cheers,
Med

>De : Senthil Sivakumar (ssenthil) [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Envoyé : mardi 4 juin 2013 21:07
>À : BOUCADAIR Mohamed OLNC/OLN; pcp issue tracker; draft-ietf-pcp-nat64-
>[email-masked]
>Cc : [email-masked]
>Objet : Re: [pcp] #63: Handling multiple prefixes
>
>Hi Med,
>

---

From: "Senthil Sivakumar (ssenthil)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 13:32:04 +0000

Hi Med,
Can you please revise the first sentence as
"The PCP server is required to disambiguate", the rest of the text
clarifies the questions that I had.

Thanks
Senthil

On 6/5/13 4:21 AM, "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]> wrote:

>Hi Senthil,
>
>You can find this text in the new version available at:
>http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-pcp-nat64-prefix64-03.txt
>
>>>>-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
>>>>--
>>>>--
>>>>-------------------------------------+---------------------------------
>>>>--
>>>>--
>>>>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:42:35 +0200

Hi Senthil,

Fixed in my local copy.

Thanks.
Cheers,
Med

>Envoyé : jeudi 6 juin 2013 15:32

---

From: "pcp issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 13:43:08 -0000

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Senthil Sivakumar        |       Owner:  draft-ietf-pcp-
  (ssenthil) <[email-masked]>    |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  nat64-prefix64           |     Version:
 Severity:  -                        |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/pcp/trac/ticket/63#comment:1>
pcp <http://tools.ietf.org/pcp/>