Subject: [pcp] Protocol Action: 'Learning NAT64 PREFIX64s using Port Control Protocol (PCP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pcp-nat64-prefix64-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 10:58:00 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Learning NAT64 PREFIX64s using Port Control Protocol (PCP)'
  (draft-ietf-pcp-nat64-prefix64-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Ted Lemon and Brian Haberman.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-nat64-prefix64/

Technical Summary

  This document defines a new PCP extension to learn the IPv6
  prefix(es) used by a PCP-controlled NAT64 device to build
  IPv4-converted IPv6 addresses.  This extension is needed for
  successful communications when IPv4 addresses are used in referrals.

Working Group Summary

  The WG easily got consensus.

Document Quality

  It is unknown whether there are existing implementations.

  A large number of people (named in section 8 of the doc) reviewed it
  and contributed to it. The individuals who provided reviews during WGLC were:
     Dave Thaler
     Teemu Savolainen
     Senthil Sivakumar
     Simon Perreault
     Iljitsch van Beijnum 

Personnel

  Document Shepherd: Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>
  Responsible AD: Ted Lemon <[email-masked]>