Subject: [pcp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-08.txt> (Port Control Protocol (PCP) Proxy Function) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:21:17 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Port Control Protocol WG (pcp)
to consider the following document:
- 'Port Control Protocol (PCP) Proxy Function'
  <draft-ietf-pcp-proxy-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-06-29. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies a new PCP functional element denoted as a PCP
   Proxy.  The PCP Proxy relays PCP requests received from PCP clients
   to upstream PCP server(s).  A typical deployment usage of this
   function is to help establish successful PCP communications for PCP
   clients that can not be configured with the address of a PCP server
   located more than one hop away.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-proxy/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-proxy/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.