Subject: [pcp] Protocol Action: 'Port Control Protocol (PCP) Anycast Addresses' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-pcp-anycast-08.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 07:39:24 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Port Control Protocol (PCP) Anycast Addresses'
  (draft-ietf-pcp-anycast-08.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Port Control Protocol Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Brian Haberman and Terry Manderson.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-anycast/

Technical Summary:

    The Port Control Protocol (PCP) Anycast Addresses enable PCP clients
    to transmit signaling messages to their closest PCP-aware on-path
    NAT, Firewall, or other middlebox, without having to learn the IP
    address of that middlebox via some external channel.  This document
    establishes one well-known IPv4 address and one well-known IPv6
    address to be used as PCP Anycast Addresses.

Working Group Summary:

    The WG has consensus on this document, nothing particularly rough.

Document Quality:

    Implementation status is unknown, although its existence was motivated
    by experience from Apple's implementation.

Personnel:

Who is the Document Shepherd? 

    Dave Thaler <[email-masked]>

Who is the Responsible Area Director? 
    
    Brian Haberman