Subject: [pcp] Last Call: <draft-ietf-pcp-third-party-id-option-04.txt> (PCP Third Party ID Option) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2015 11:09:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Port Control Protocol WG (pcp)
to consider the following document:
- 'PCP Third Party ID Option'
  <draft-ietf-pcp-third-party-id-option-04.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2015-11-02. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes a new Port Control Protocol (PCP) option
   called THIRD_PARTY_ID.  It is designed to be used in combination with
   the THIRD_PARTY option specified in RFC 6887 but can also be used
   without it.  The THIRD_PARTY_ID serves to identify a Third Party in
   situations where a third party's IP address contained in the
   THIRD_PARTY option does not provide sufficient information to create
   requested mappings in a PCP-controlled device.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-third-party-id-option/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-pcp-third-party-id-option/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.