Subject: [PEPPERMINT] FW: I-D Action:draft-mule-peppermint-espp-protocol-02.txt

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 13:19:01 -0400

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 14, 2008 12:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-mule-peppermint-espp-protocol-02.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : A Provisioning Protocol for ENUM-SIP Addressing
Servers
	Author(s)       : K. Cartwright, et al.
	Filename        : draft-mule-peppermint-espp-protocol-02.txt
	Pages           : 121
	Date            : 2008-07-14

This document defines a provisioning protocol for ENUM-SIP addressing
servers.
An ENUM-SIP addressing server is a host that acts as Lookup Function in
session peering to determine the target domain of a given SIP request and it
may also act as a Location Routing Function to develop the location of the
SIP signaling entity in that target domain.
This protocol allows SIP service providers to provision and manage session
establishment data used by SIP network elements to route SIP sessions to the
target destinations which may be served by the SIP service provider's own
internal network or by a session peering partner.  The data provisioned into
an ENUM-SIP addressing server is queried by SIP entities using ENUM or SIP.

This version of the protocol integrates comments received on the IETF
peppermint and drinks mailing lists before July 2008.  This document is an
Internet-Draft and the protocol it describes is subject to technical changes
that may make this version incompatible with future versions defined in
Internet-Drafts.  It is expected that the authors will continue to update
this protocol based on the drinks working group requirements on the session
establishment data.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-mule-peppermint-espp-protocol-02.t
xt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

_______________________________________________
PEPPERMINT mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/peppermint