Subject: CFP-- IEEE MILCOM 2001

From: Tom Henderson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:36:11 -0800

Apologies for the late notice, but the sessions listed below should be
of
interest to PILC participants, and the initial submission only requires
an abstract.

-Tom

------------------------------------------------------------
Dear colleague,

We are trying to organize the following topics in the IEEE MILCOM 2001
(unclassified) conference, to be held in McLean, VA, October 28-31,
2001:

- Session U26:  Satellite/wireless networking technology
(e.g., routing, multiple access, MAC and link layer, FEC)

- Session U27:  Internet performance over asymmetric satellite/wireless
links
(e.g, TCP, reliable multicast, applications)

- Session U28:  Mobile networks (e.g., mobile routers, IP and ATM)

The Military Communications Conference (MILCOM) is jointly sponsored by
the IEEE and the Armed-Forces Communications Engineering
Association (AFCEA)(www.afcea.org). The conference technical program is
organized into two parts, an unclassifed program and a classifed
program.  Both programs have a full slate of technical sessions
for the entire duration of the conference.  The unclassified program 
is like most IEEE conferences: submission of papers and attendence at 
the technical sessions is open to all who wish to participate,
regardless
of citizenship.   Approximately 65%-70% of the papers in the conference
are 
a part of the unclassified program.  

The schedule for submissions is as follows:
               
 Abstracts Due:         January 12, 2001
 Draft Papers Due:      February 23, 2001
 Author Notification:   April 30, 2001
 Camera-Ready Copy:     June 29, 2001

Please visit http://www.milcom.org/2001/ for instructions on how to
submit,
and please cc: one of us on the submission.  Feel free to forward this
to
anyone you think would be interested.

Sincerely,

Jae Kim, Boeing Phantom Works
[email-masked], (253) 657-7685

Tom Henderson, Geocast Network Systems
[email-masked], (650) 566-3263