Subject: NEW PILC WG ID: draft-ietf-pilc-asym-03.txt

From: Mahesh Sooriyabandara <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 20:39:18 +0000

We have submitted a revised draft of the PILC WG work item on
link asymmetry. The new draft is draft-ietf-pilc-asym-03.txt.

While the draft is being issued, please find a copy at
the following URL:

http://www.erg.abdn.ac.uk/users/mahesh/draft-ietf-pilc-asym-03.txt

Several changes/additions have been made to the draft-02
(previous version) to address some of the quesions
raised in the past with in PILC WG.

This is a major revision, including the following:

1) Highly asymmetric networks in operation (with examples),
we are still loking for more input and experience from
people who have deployed asymmetric networks.

2) The various asymmetric modification techniques have been
reporganised and expanded. In particular, section have
been added to describe techniques which have been deployed.

3) A recommendation is given for each such technique to
advice on the use of it in its present form. Comments on
these new additions are welcome.

Comments/ideas/inputs are welcome from all, about the content
of the draft and network asymmetry in general.
Time has been allocated for a presntation on asym in Minnopollis.

To complete the work, it will be important to have a focussed
discussion about issues raised in this draft.

Mahesh Sooriyabandara,  & Gorry Fairhurst
Hari Balakrishnan & Venkata N. Padmanabhan