Subject: PILC Status

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 15:22:11 -0400

PILC has nearly achieved it's charter and should be winding down
soon. This is good news since the best thing any IETF working group
can do is expire (and free the wg members to do other productive
things). We have finished three docs and the other four are about
ready for last call. See below for details.

The PILC charter and links to current IDs can be found at:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/pilc-charter.html

  --aaron

PEP

  RFC 3135: "Performance Enhancing Proxies Intended to Link-Related
  Degradations," published June 2001.

SLOW

  "End-to-end Performance Implications of Slow Links" approved by IESG
  for publication as a BCP RFC. In RFC editors' queue. Current version
  is draft-ietf-pilc-slow-07.txt.

ERROR

  "End-to-end Performance Implications of Links with Errors" is
  through IETF last call and is undergoing some final word tweaks
  based on comments from the IESG. Current version is
  draft-ietf-pilc-error-08.txt.

2.5G3G

  "TCP over 2.5G and 3G Wireless Networks" has been reviewed by the
  working group and is ready for last call which will start this
  week. Current version is draft-ietf-pilc-2.5g3g-03.txt.

ASYM

  "TCP Performance Implications of Network Asymmetry" has been through
  a through wg review. The authors are integrating the comments and
  should have another rev published in time for London. Following the
  London IETF, this doc will likely be ready to go to wg last
  call. Current version is draft-ietf-pilc-asym-04.txt.

LINK

  "Advice for Internet Subnetwork Designers" is in the process of a
  near-final update. All sections have text which has been reviewed by
  the working group in a piecemeal fashion. Accumulated changes will
  be published in a new rev in time for London. Current IETF draft is
  draft-ietf-pilc-link-design-05.txt. An updated, unpublished working
  draft is available at http://people.qualcomm.com/karn/pilc.txt.  The
  next draft (-06) should be ready for wg last call which will likely
  begin after the London IETF.

ARQ

  "Link ARQ issues for IP traffic" is overdue for an update. However,
  the content of the draft is stable and it will go directly to
  working group last call probably after the London IETF. Current
  version is draft-ietf-pilc-link-arq-issues-01.txt.