Subject: BCP 50, RFC 3155 on PILC - Links with Errors

From: RFC Editor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2001 16:22:01 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        BCP 50
        RFC 3155

        Title:	    End-to-end Performance Implications of 
                    Links with Errors 
        Author(s):  S. Dawkins, G. Montenegro, M. Kojo, 
                    V. Magret, N. Vaidya
        Status:     Best Current Practice
	Date:       August 2001
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], [email-masked],
                    [email-masked] 
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 36388
        SeeAlso:    BCP 50

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-pilc-error-08.txt

        URL:        ftp://ftp.rfc-editor.org/in-notes/rfc3155.txt

This document discusses the specific TCP mechanisms that are
problematic in environments with high uncorrected error rates,
and discusses what can be done to mitigate the problems without
introducing intermediate devices into the connection.

This document is a product of the Performance Implications of Link
Characteristics Working Group of the IETF.

This document specifies an Internet Best Current Practices for the
Internet Community, and requests discussion and suggestions for
improvements.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 
help: ways_to_get_rfcs.  For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.echo 
Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant Mail Reader 
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version
of the RFCs.