Subject: 2nd CFP IEEE Communications Magazine -- Internet Technology Series

From: Khaled Elsayed <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Apr 2002 11:44:16 +0200

Apologies if you receive multiple copies. 

If you are interested in participating in the review 
process, please see the end of the message.

HTML version of this CFP can be found at
http://inetseries.tripod.com/cfp.html

----------------------------------------------------------
                  Call for Papers
             IEEE Communications Magazine
              Internet Technology Series
                   Series Editors
Michah Lerner (AT&T) and Khaled Elsayed (Cairo University)

The Internet Technology series of the IEEE Communications
Magazine is calling for original tutorial papers that
discuss the following specific topics:

- Traffic Engineering for Large Scale IP-based Networks

- BGP Scalability Issues and Route optimization Methods 
  in a Multihoming Environment

- Performance Enhancement Services and Proxies: Scalable and
  Practical Methods for Data and Media Services

- Verifiable and Affordable Security: Specification and
  Assurance of Security

The IEEE Communications Magazine is read by tens of
thousands of Communications Society members. The magazine
has also been ranked as the number 1 telecommunications
journal according to the ISI citation database for year
2000. The papers will be available on the Internet through
Communications Magazine Interactive, the WWW edition of the
magazine. Details about IEEE Communications Magazine can be
found at http://www.comsoc.org/ci/. 

Sample publications published within the Internet Technology
Series can be found in the January 2001 and July 2001 issues
of the IEEE Communications Magazine. 

Tentative Schedule
==================
Manuscripts due: May 1, 2002
Notification of acceptance: July 1, 2002
Final copy due: One month before final publication date
Prospective Magazine issue: Oct. 2002

How to Submit Manuscripts
=========================

Article Style Information 
========================= 
Articles should be tutorial in nature and should be written
in a style comprehensible to readers outside the specialty
of the article. Articles may be edited for content, and will
be copyedited for compliance with the magazine's style
guidelines. Page proofs will be sent to the contact author
for final review prior to publication. 

Mathematical equations should not be used unless they are
vital to the presentation. Even then, they should be kept to
a minimum. If the article has numerous equations, please
contact the editor handling the manuscript. 

References should be included only to guide readers to more
information on the topic; the reference list should not
include every available source (a limit of ten references is
recommended). Use footnotes only where necessary. 

Articles should not exceed 4500 words. 

Figures and tables should be limited to a combined total of
six. If the article exceeds these recommended limits, please
contact the editor handling the manuscript. 

Submission 
========================= 
Electronic submission of manuscripts as either PDF
(preferred) or Postscript is required. Please send your
submission to both of the series editors: 
Khaled Elsayed: [email-masked] 
Michah Lerner: [email-masked]

----------------------------------------------------------
For those interested in participating in the review process, 
please fill in the following form and send it to the editors.

Name:
Institution/Affiliation:
Position (optional):
E-mail address:
Research Interests: