Subject: 2nd CfP: QofIS'02/ICQT'02

From: Burkhard Stiller <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Apr 2002 13:40:08 +0100

Apologies for multiple copies of this announcement!

Please feel free to distribute a copy of this call for paper to those 
who might be interested.

This CfP is also available from http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~qofis02/CfP.pdf.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

                              Call for Papers
                  Third COST 263 International Workshop on
               Quality of future Internet Services (QofIS'02)
                            co-located with the
                     Second International Workshop on
               Internet Charging and QoS Technology (ICQT'02)

                  "From QoS Provisioning to QoS Charging"

                            October 16-18, 2002
    Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, ETH Zürich, TIK, Switzerland
                 URL: http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~qofis02

Scope

Key issues for competitive communication systems include the 
design,implementation, and provisioning of Quality-of-Service (QoS). 
These tasks require for tomorrows Internet an emerging research and 
new methods, which combine technical and economic parameters related 
to networks, services, and applications. The QofIS'02 workshop is the 
third international event organised by the COST 263 Action "Quality 
of future Internet Services" and the ICQT'02 workshop is the second 
joint meeting of network specialists and economists. Therefore, these 
two colocated workshops determine a highly qualified forum for the 
presentation and discussion of relevant approaches to Internet QoS 
and their economics, bringing together researchers, developers, and 
practitioners sides of academia and industry.
While the emphasis of QofIS'02 is on technology for an end-to-end and 
top-down provisioning of QoS, covering the Internet and the 
end-system, ICQT'02 focusses on the economics of QoS and the required 
technology in support of charging. Both workshops target the 
identification of solutions, investigations of their feasibility, and 
a consolidation of technical and economic mechanisms to enable a 
fast, guaranteed, and efficient provisioning of QoS-based services in 
the Internet.

List of Topics
                             QofIS'02    ICQT'02

Traffic modelling and classification    Economic models for the Internet
      Traffic policing and scheduling    Internet pricing and tariffing
          QoS mapping and negotiation    Internet charging technology
                          QoS routing    Internet accounting and billing
                        QoS signaling    ISP cost and business models
                  Traffic engineering    Charging for differentiated services
               End-to-end QoS support    Charging for mobile services
             Policy-based QoS control    Application service provider models
                       Middleware QoS    Security mechanisms for charging
             Active Internet services    Monitoring and measurements
                  End-to-end services    Management of Service Level Agreements
           QoS in mobile environments

Papers and Submissions

Papers are solicited as full papers (in English), of no more than 10 
single-spaced pages, each of which will be subject to a full review 
process. Submissions should follow already the author guidelines as 
specified below and must include: title, authors, affiliations, 
100-word abstract, and a list of maximum five keywords. The author 
responsible for correspondence should be identified clearly, 
including the author's name, position, mailing address, telephone and 
fax numbers, and e-mail address.

An electronic, PDF-based submission of papers is mandatory, please 
check the URL http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~qofis02 for further 
submission instructions or contact [email-masked] for 
additional information. The conference proceedings are published as 
hard-copy and electronically by Springer Verlag, Heidelberg, Germany, 
in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science Series. They will be 
availabe during the event. Authors are obliged to follow the LNCS's 
guidelines in preparing their manuscript. Author guidelines with 
respect to the final camera ready paper formats are to be followed 
without exception, including the 10 page limit, and may be obtained 
at http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html.

Important Dates

   Deadline for submissions: May 6, 2002
Notification of acceptance: July 1, 2002
       Camera-ready version: August 2, 2002
             Workshop dates: October 16-18, 2002

General Information

The final program will accommodate in sequence on October 16 and 17, 
2002 the single-track QofIS'02 workshop and on October 18, 2002 the 
single-track ICQT'02 workshop. The registration fee for this event 
will include both workshops. For more information on the co-located 
events QofIS'02/ICQT'02 please visit the following URLs 
http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~qofis02 or http://www.ftw.at/icqt02 or 
contact by e-mail [email-masked] or [email-masked].

Committees

      General Chair: Burkhard Stiller, ETH Zürich, TIK, Switzerland

Steering Committee: Jon Crowcroft, Uni. of Cambridge, UK
                     James Roberts, France Telecom R&D, France
                     Michael Smirnov, FhG FOKUS, Germany
                     Burkhard Stiller, ETH Zürich, TIK, Switzerland
                     Fernando Boavida, University of Coimbra, Portugal

QofIS'02 PC Co-chairs

Burkhard Stiller, ETH Zürich, TIK, Switzerland
Michael Smirnov, FhG FOKUS, Germany

ICQT'02 PC Co-chairs

Martin Karsten, TU Darmstadt, Germany
Peter Reichl, FTW, Vienna, Austria

QofIS'02 Program Committee

A. Azcorra, UC3M, Spain
D. Bauer, IBM Research Laboratory, Switzerland
H.v.d. Berg, KPN Research, Netherlands
C. Blondia, Uni. Antwerp, Belgium
F. Boavida, Uni. of Coimbra, Portugal
O. Bonaventure, FUNDP, Belgium
G. Carle, FhG FOKUS, Germany
O. Casals, UPC, Spain
J. Crowcroft, Uni. of Cambridge, UK
M. Diaz, LAAS, France
J. Domingo-Pascual, UPC, Spain
H. Esaki, Tokyo Uni., Japan
D. Hutchison, Lancaster Uni., UK
G. Karlsson, KTH, Sweden
R. Kantola, HUT, Finland
K. Kilkki, Nokia Research Center, Finland
Y. Koucheriavy, TUT, Finland
M. Luoma, HUT, Finland
H. de Meer, Uni. College London, UK
E. Monteiro, Uni. Coimbra, Portugal
R. v.d. Mei, KPN Research, Netherlands
G. Pavlou, Uni. Surrey, UK
M. Popa, Procetel, Romania
J. Roberts, France Telecom R&D, France
D. Serpanos, Uni. of Patras, Greece
M. Smirnov, FhG FOKUS, Germany
J. Solé-Pareta, UPC, Spain
I. Stavrakakis, Uni. of Athens, Greece
B. Stiller, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
H. Stüttgen, NEC, Germany
P. Van Mieghem, Delft Univ. of Tech., Netherlands
G. Ventre, Uni. Napoli, Italy
J. Virtamo, HUT, Finland
L. Wolf, Uni. of Karlsruhe, Germany
A. Wolisz, TU Berlin, Germany
J. Wroclawski, MIT, U.S.A.
A. Zehl, T-Systems, Germany
M. Zitterbart, Uni. of Karlsruhe Germany

ICQT'02 Program Committee

J. Altmann, HP Palo Alto, U.S.A.
R. Andreassen, Telenor, Norway
T. Braun, Uni. of Bern, Switzerland
C. Courcoubetis, AUEB, Greece
L. Heusler, IBM Research Laboratory, Switzerland
M. Karsten, TU Darmstadt, Germany
C. Linnhoff-Popien, LMU München, Germany
S. Leinen, SWITCH, Switzerland
R. Mason, University of Southampton, UK
A. Odlyzko, Uni. of Minnesota, U.S.A.
H. Oliver, HP European Labs, UK
H. Orlamünder, Alcatel SEL, Germany
M. Ott, Semandex Networks, U.S.A.
K. Park, Purdue Uni., U.S.A.
D. Reeves, North Carolina State Uni., U.S.A.
P. Reichl, FTW Vienna, Austria
B. Rupp, Arthur D. Little, Germany
V. Siris, ICS Forth, Greece
D. Songhurst, BT, UK
O. Spaniol, RWTH Aachen, Germany
B. Stiller, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
L. Wolf, Uni. of Karlsruhe, Germany

QofIS'02/ICQT'02 Local Organizing Committee

J. Gerke, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
D. Hausheer, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
H. Hasan, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
P. Kurtansky, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
A. Schicker, Hinwil, Switzerland

***********************************************************************
    Prof. Dr. Burkhard Stiller
    Institut fuer Technische Informatik und Kommunikationsnetze (TIK)
    FG Kommunikationssysteme
    ETH Zuerich                             Tel.: +41 / +1 / 632 7016
    Gloriastr. 35                           FAX:  +41 / +1 / 632 1035
    CH-8092 Zuerich                    E-Mail: [email-masked]
    Schweiz                   WWW: http://www.tik.ee.ethz.ch/~stiller
***********************************************************************