Subject: [pilc] A proposal for Fast Router Discovery

From: "JinHyeock Choi" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2002 16:08:42 +0900

Dear All

We submitted new Internet-Draft on Fast Router Discovery, which is related to L2 trigger. 
It deals with ‘How can a mobile node find its new access router sufficiently fast?’ Our 
proposal uses layer two mechanisms for performance enhancement.

In our proposal AP caches Router Advertisement message and sends it to a new 
mobile node as soon as L2 association is made. In an attached Internet-draft, we 
present a way for AP to cache necessary RA. 

By putting 'RA Caching' and 'AP Notification' functionality on an Access Point, we get 
the optimized result without IPv6 standard change. In our scheme, a mobile node 
receives Router Advertisement just after L2 association is made which is the earliest 
possible time under current standard.

All comments are appreciated.
 
Best Regards

JinHyeock Choi, Ph.D.

Samsung Electonics
tell)  82-31-280-9233
fax)  82-31-280-9156
email) [email-masked], [email-masked]