Subject: RE: Re: Q on joins

From: vishwas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 98 14:05:00 PST

> [vishwas]
>
> I feel again the protocol has one case where this case will arise. It   
is
> said that prune override (join delay)  should be equal to or smaller   
than
> the prune delay timer value, which has a default value 3.

I think the wording in the spec got a little confused in the recent
revisions.  This is what it says in Sec. 5.2.1:

: The suggested delay time before  deletion  should
: be greater than 3 seconds. The default prune delay time is 3 seconds.

These two sentences sound contradictory to me.  Previous versions only
included the first, stating that delay should be [strictly] greater
than 3s.  In that case, letter the join delay be less than or equal to
3s seems okay.

Perhaps the second sentence, "The default prune delay time is 3 seconds"
needs to just be removed?

 --Kurt

[vishwas]

TRUE, Sounds OK to me.

 -vishu