Subject: Re: PIM draft minutes from Oslo

From: Liming Wei <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:24:25 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
> 
> >As soon as I get the BSR state machine's picture re-done in ASCII
> >(or figure out a way to remove it), I'll submit the PIM-SM draft.
> 
> I've had fairly good luck using xfig to draw pictures, then exporting
> in pic format, and then using pic | nroff (or gpic | groff) to turn
> it into ASCII.  The advantage is that if the document is in *roff
> you can inclue the pic in the source and generate both postscript and
> ascii versions from the same source.

I'll see if this works on a linux/freebsd machine. BTW, the source is
in Latex with obsolete macros that don't compile today (showing the
age of the protocol/spec). Will only have an ascii version from now
on.

 Thanks.

-Liming

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 09:15:24 -0700

Bill

---

From: Pavlin Ivanov Radoslavov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 1999 10:34:39 -0700

> age of the protocol/spec). Will only have an ascii version from now

Sorry about the question off the topic of this ML, but what
macros/config files people use to write ID in Latex and then
generate *roff from it?

Any pointers?

Thanks,
Pavlin