Subject: Looking for Beta test sites for PIM (sm/dm) on Solaris 8

From: Sangeeta Mukherjee <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2001 15:17:27 -0700

Folks,

I am looking for Beta test site for PIM on Solaris 8 ( sparc and Intel).
Shipped Solaris 8 provides kernel support for PIM. However please note
that currently we do not ship any PIM daemon implementation. One should
be able to use the GateD or the ISI PIM(sm and dm) daemon
implementations.

NOTE: 
We have fixed the kernel panic bug for PIM-sm on SOlaris 8. Thus you
will need to load the following preliminary patch bugfix for PIM testing
on S8:
Patch ID: T109279-15 for SPARC, 
Patch ID: T109280-15 for Intel

I would very much appreciate your feedback and the test results.

Here are the instructions on how to access this patch.
 
Thanks
Sangeeta

---------------
ACCESS TO THIS PATCH:

Requester can receive the preliminary patch using one of the methods
described below.  PLEASE NOTE THE SIZE OF THE PATCH.  For very large
patches you will probably want to use the ftp option rather then the
email option.  This preliminary patch must be retrieved for testing
within ten days.  After ten days the preliminary patch will remain
on the sunsoftpatch server but will be removed from these access 
points.

Email Access:

Simply forward this email patch notice to :
[email-masked]
with the above the subject line remaining the same.  Example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: patch T<patch-id> esc# <esc-id>

The sunsoft patch server will receive this reply & send back the patch
indicated in tar format which has been compressed and uuencoded.

FTP Access:

  Get T<patch-id>.tar.Z file via anonymous ftp access on: 
sunsoftpatch.eng

        % ftp sunsoftpatch.eng
        Name: ftp
        Password: ftp
        ftp> cd pub
        ftp> binary
        ftp> get T<patch-id>.tar.Z
        ftp> bye