Subject: New PIM SM and PIM BSR Spec

From: Mark Handley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:38:33 -0700

We've submitted a new version of the PIM SM spec and the PIM BSR spec
to the I-D archive - they'll appear there in due course.

In the meantime they can also be found at:
  http://www.aciri.org/mjh/pim.html

The BSR spec has been changed to reflect the discussion at the last
IETF.  In particular, the auto-configuration of BSRs with information
about admin scope zones has been replaced with manual configuration of
BSRs.  The other main changes to the BSR spec are:

 - new section explaining semantic fragmentation of Boootstrap Messages.
  
 - new security considerations section.

The PIM-SM spec incorporates quite a large number of small changes,
corrections and clarifications, and the spec has also gained a
security considerations section.

Neither spec's security considerations section should be considered
complete at this stage.

Cheers,
	Mark