Subject: default values of assertWinner()

From: "Jyotheeswara Rao Kurma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2001 09:31:48 +0500

Hello,

 What about the default value of AssertWinner(*,G,I) , when in No Info 
state ? It is specified that default value of assertWiner(S,G,I) as 
NULL, when in NoInfo state .

I guess,  AssertWinner(*,G,I) , shoudn't NULL because,

  pim_include(*,G) is checking for

 I_am_DR(I) and lost_assert(*,G,I) == FALSE

 so initially , lost_assert(*,G,I) should be false, (for DR ), and for 
others(NON-DR's) , lost_assert(*,G,I) should be true, so that they 
won't join the shared tree.

If it is not NULL, then what will be its default value ?

Thanks for any info,
Jyotheesh
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Every moment is a golden one for him who has the vision to recognize it 
as such. 
-- Henry Miller