Subject: Re: RPT bit in Assert Messages.

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Jul 2001 14:03:40 -0700

>Router has lost the (*, G) assert on interface1 and
>has won the (S1, G) assert on this interface.
>Interface1 doesn't exist in the "Immediate_olist(S1,
>G)" as it hasn't recieved (S, G) Joins on this
>interface. 

I don't think this is possible.  CouldAssert(S,G,I) will become false as
soon as you lose the (*,G) Assert, unless I is in immediate_olist(S,G).
If the (*,G) Assert happens first, you won't participate in the (S,G)
assert; if the (S,G) Assert happens first, you will transition out of
Winner state as soon as you lose the (*,G) Assert and send an
AssertCancel(S,G).

  Bill

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2001 23:10:15 -0700

>  Is there any situation , where I lost (*,G) assert and win (S,G) 
>assert ? and vice versa , i.e won(*,G) but lost(S,G) ?
>
>I guess, both should be possible .. And moreover, AssertWinners for 
>(*,G) and (S,G) could be differnet .. am I correct ?

There are situations in which all of these are possible.

  Bill

---

From: "Jyotheeswara Rao Kurma" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:08:20 +0500

> soon as you lose the (*,G) Assert, unless I is in 
> immediate_olist(S,G).If the (*,G) Assert happens first, you won't 
> participate in the (S,G)

Thanks,
Jyotheesh