Subject: Re: directly connected sources

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 12:35:06 -0700

Tom,

The current wording is:

   When an RP in a PIM-SM domain first learns of a new sender, e.g. via
   PIM register messages, it constructs a "Source-Active" (SA) message
   and sends it to its MSDP peers.

Would it be sufficient to add "or if it is the DR for a directly connected
source" to the "e.g."?

  Bill

---

From: Tom Pusateri <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 12:45:38 -0700

That would work. Dave Meyer sent me this yesterday which works as well:

>> Note that an RP that isn't a DR on a shared network SHOULD NOT
>> originate SA's for directly connected sources on that shared
>> network. 

Thanks,
Tom