Subject: Re: procedure to force router forget neighbor

From: "Subrata Sa" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 2 Sep 2001 21:56:29 -0800

Forwarding states are created and modified/ deleted on receipt of 
Join/ Prune messages. The question is something else! I want to 
know whether sending a Hello message with zero holdtime on an interface 

would cause the receiver of the Hello message delete any information 
regarding forwarding states on that interface. Ofcourse Prune message
marks the state as "Prune Pending" or "Pruned".

It is clear that the Hello message with zero holdtime causes the router
remove information about sender of the Hello. The following paragraph 
from section 4.6.1 of the latest draft says this:

"When an interface goes down or changes IP address, a Hello message 
with
a zero Hold Time should be sent immediately (with the old IP address if
the IP address changed).  This will cause PIM neighbors to remove this
neighbor (or its old IP address) immediately."

-Subrata
_____________________________________________________________
Tired of limited space on Yahoo and Hotmail?
Free 100 Meg email account available at http://www.dacafe.com