Subject: Multicast problem on VxWorks and PSOS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 21:28:36 +0900

Hi all ,

i am surya , new to this group - 

i have a query , regarding multicast support on vxworks and psos  

i am testing multicast transmission on PSOS as well as VxWorks 

I am able to send the multicast packets successfully

but when it comes to the reception of packets - the setsockopt for IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP is successful , but i am unable to receive any packets and 
am blocking on recvfrom 

i am using DEC21x4xx drivers for target boards 

in case of VxWorks , even the ifShow says that MULTICAST feature is enabled

Please suggest me , if u have faced this problem 

thanks in advance 

Surya

---

From: Chris Hall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 08:39:46 -0700

Hi Surya-
	I got around this by enabling PROMISCUOUS on the interface...  call:
	ifFlagChange("<device_name>", 0x100, 1)

	I think there are issues with some of the drivers, but have not had
time to chase it down. 
Regards-

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 05, 2001 5:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Multicast problem on VxWorks and PSOS

Hi all ,

but when it comes to the reception of packets - the setsockopt for
IP_ADD_MEMBERSHIP is successful , but i am unable to receive any packets and

am blocking on recvfrom 

thanks in advance 

Surya

---

From: Bill Fenner <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2001 11:09:59 -0700

Sounds like the driver may not be setting the multicast filter
properly, if setting the promiscuous flag causes multicast to start
working.

  Bill